2203 Light OchreUV-Resistance:★★★★★
2205 Sunflower YellowUV-Resistance:★★★★★
2308 Nordic RedUV-Resistance:★★★★★
2311 Signal RedUV-Resistance:★★★★★
2404 Fir GreenUV-Resistance:★★★★★
2501 Labrador BlueUV-Resistance:★★★★★
2506 Royal BlueUV-Resistance:★★★★★
2507 Dove BlueUV-Resistance:★★★★★
2606 Medium BrownUV-Resistance:★★★★★
2607 Dark BrownUV-Resistance:★★★★★★
2704 Dusk GreyUV-Resistance:★★★★★
2708 Pebble GreyUV-Resistance:★★★★★
2716 Anthracite GreyUV-Resistance:★★★★★
2735 Light GreyUV-Resistance:★★★★★
2742 Traffic GreyUV-Resistance:★★★★★
- Extremely weather and UV resistant
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- Natural wood grain is hidden
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for future applications
Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller
Exterior wood surfaces
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
5ml, 125ml, 750ml, 2.5L
Osmo Brush Cleaner
26m²/L with one coat
Osmo Spray Cleaner
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%).
Osmo Country Colour is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
If possible, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed.
As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
If additional protection against blue stain, rot and insects is desired, pre-treat the wood if possible on all sides with Osmo WR Base Coat.
Method of Application
With Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller, apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain and spread well.
Allow to dry for approx. 10-12 hours under good ventilation.
After drying, apply a second coat – also thinly.
For renovation works, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
If surfaces in outdoor areas (e.g. windows, cladding) should have additional protection, apply one top coat of Osmo UV-Protection-Oil Clear (410 without film protection or 420 with film protection) after thoroughly drying. This protects against dirt contamination and extends the life of the finish. For Country Colour White 2101, please use Natural Oil Woodstain White 900.
Country Colour, which has been trusted for over decades, is also available in the colour of your choice.
Starting from 2.5 litres per colour tone, available in 186 RAL Classic and 1950 NCS colour tones, as well as with biocidal film protection additives.
Many wood species contain water-soluble coloured extractives which may leach out naturally when weathered.
Using power washers will severely decrease the coverage of the finish and general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating.
Regular Cleaning: Damp cleaning with Osmo Decking Cleaner using Osmo Decking Cleaning Brush.
Occasional Maintenance: If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Clean.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
For all other wood types not mentioned, always trial apply first.
- Thermowood and Thermally Modified Timber (TMT): prone to grey very fast and therefore application is recommended within the first two weeks after processing. Decking-Oil 010 Thermowood is optically suitable.
For the following wood types, WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
Recommended After Weathering Period
For the following wood types, a weathering period is recommended. New or sanded wood requires at least 12 weeks (approximate) exposure to the exterior elements before application.
After the weathering period, it’s generally recommended to de-grey the surface with Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel and clean the surface from the extractive content before application, always trial apply!
For all other ingredient-rich hardwood species not mentioned may require a varied period of exposure. Please contact us for further information.
- Sapele: 3-4 weeks exposure
- Larch: 2 weeks exposure. Application of WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Douglas Fir: 2 weeks exposure. Application of WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other: woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
OSMO FLAT BRUSH
Made with high quality synthetic bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Exceptional coverage capacities which produce professional looking results every time. Available in 25, 50, 60 and 100 mm sizes.
OSMO SMALL ROLLER SET
Microfibre roller and 60mm natural bristle brush set to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain and spread well. For first application, two coats is recommended onto a clean and dry surface. For renovation, just one coat is necessary.
- For new oily or exotic wood species, please allow approx. three months exposure to the outside elements after installation and before application.
- Over application can increase the drying times.
- For a white gloss finish, use Osmo Opaque Gloss Woodstain
- Approx. coverage: 26m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2
- Ideal application temperature: +10°C to 35°C
- Drying time: 8-10hrs.
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.750L, 2.5L
Osmo Country Colour is an opaque, satin wood finish for all exterior use of unsurpassed durability.
The deep rich colour will hide the natural colour and grain of the wood but the natural feel and texture remains. Based on natural vegetable oils, allowing the wood to breathe – will not crack, flake, peel or blister.