Country Shades 125ml
Sample cans of 125ml are available to help confirm your colour choice.
Colours displayed on the printed Elements® Colour Card provide an accurate representation of colour within tolerance of batch production. However, the colour appearance may vary depending on surroundings. The finished surface and product coverage is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Satin. View all colours!
Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller
Exterior wood surfaces
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
125ml, 750ml, 2.5L.
Osmo Brush Cleaner
26m²/L with one coat
Osmo Spray Cleaner
Country Shades is also available in any colour of your choice. Starting from samples of 0.125 litres per colour tone, mix to any colour from any RAL, NCS and BS colour charts, and many more.
Many wood species contain water-soluble coloured extractives which may leach out naturally when weathered.
Using power washers will severely decrease the coverage of the finish and general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating.
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%). Osmo Country Shades is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
If possible, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. The finished surface and product coverage is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
If additional protection against blue stain, rot and insects is desired, pre-treat the wood if possible on all sides with Osmo WR Base Coat.
Method of Application
With Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller, apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain and spread well. Allow to dry for approx. 12 hours under good ventilation. After drying, apply a second coat – also thinly. For renovation works, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
Regular Cleaning: Damp cleaning with Osmo Decking Cleaner using Osmo Decking Cleaning Brush.
Occasional Maintenance: If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Clean.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
Product Information and Safety Data
Download the PDF product information and safety data here:
Osmo Tinting System Data
Download the PDF data here:
- Tinting System Base (2954-2956)
- Tinting System Extender – Clear (2957)
- Tinting System Pigment Paste – White (2961)
- Tinting System Pigment Paste – Black HC (2962)
- Tinting System Pigment Paste – Black LC (2963)
- Tinting System Pigment Paste – Oxide Yellow (2964)
- Tinting System Pigment Paste – Oxide Red (2965)
- Tinting System Pigment Paste – Yellow (2966)
- Tinting System Pigment Paste – Red (2967)
- Tinting System Pigment Paste – Blue (2968)
- Tinting System Pigment Paste – Green (2969)
- Tinting System Pigment Paste – Violet (2970)
- Tinting System Pigment Paste – Orange (2971)
- Tinting System Pigment Paste – Magenta (2972)
For all other wood types not mentioned, always trial apply first.
- Thermowood and Thermally Modified Timber (TMT): prone to grey very fast and therefore application is recommended within the first two weeks after processing. Decking-Oil 010 Thermowood is optically suitable.
For the following wood types, WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
Recommended After Weathering Period
For the following wood types, a weathering period is recommended. New or sanded wood requires at least 12 weeks (approximate) exposure to the exterior elements before application.
After the weathering period, it’s generally recommended to de-grey the surface with Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel and clean the surface from the extractive content before application, always trial apply!
For all other ingredient-rich hardwood species not mentioned may require a varied period of exposure. Please contact us for further information.
- Sapele: 3-4 weeks exposure
- Larch: 2 weeks exposure. Application of WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Douglas Fir: 2 weeks exposure. Application of WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other: woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
OSMO FLAT BRUSH
Made with high quality synthetic bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Exceptional coverage capacities which produce professional looking results every time. Available in 25, 50, 60 and 100 mm sizes.
OSMO SMALL ROLLER SET
Microfibre roller and 60mm natural bristle brush set to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain and spread well. For first application, two coats is recommended onto a clean and dry surface. For renovation, just one coat is necessary.
- For new oily or exotic wood species, please allow approx. three months exposure to the outside elements after installation and before application.
- Over application can increase the drying times.
- For a white gloss finish, use Osmo Opaque Gloss Woodstain
- Approx. coverage: 26m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2
- Ideal application temperature: +10°C to 35°C
- Drying time: 12hrs.
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.750L, 2.5L