Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free with a maximum moisture content of 20% (be cautious with woods with high moisture, such as green oak). Clean or slightly sand old microporous (oil-based) finishes or remove old varnishes and lacquers by sanding.
Sand carefully starting with a coarse grade of sandpaper depending on the condition of the wood and use the following as a guidance only for which final grade of sandpaper to use before application.
Prior to a brush or roller application
- P100-120: for ingredient-rich hardwood species.
- P120: provides best results for most wood species.
- P150: for softwood species.
Prior to a cloth application
- P180: for ingredient-rich hardwood species prior to a cloth application.
- P200-240: for most wood species prior to a cloth application.
Ensure the area is well ventilated and in suitable climatic conditions before application. Always trial apply!