Newly oiled wooden surfaces using TopOil require approximately 2-3 weeks to completely cure and harden properly before normal usage.
We understand not every surface can be left untouched during the curing period, which is why we have some best practices below!
General Cleaning & Care
- Avoid dragging hard and heavy objects across the surface
- Fit protective felt pads where possible
- Avoid covering the finish (boards, containers, white goods etc)
- Ensure good ventilation where possible
- Use a damp cloth to wipe down rather than cleaning products
- Once cured, use Osmo Spray Cleaner or Wash and Care
Cooking: During & After Care
- Avoid placing hot pans upon the surface at all times
- Avoid leaving/spilling strong substances
- Especially avoid baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and vinegar
- Protect surfaces against splatter
- Wipe up all spillages promptly
Liquids & Washing Up
- Avoid placing wet items directly onto the surface
- Place a towel under wet items to catch excess water
- Strong detergents and washing up liquid will strip cured natural oils and waxes away.
- Expect more maintenance and reapplication in these vulnerable areas
- Once cured, avoid wet items being on the surface for long periods of time
- Always use a protective mat underneath wet cast iron items to prevent staining
Depleted surfaces oiled with TopOil will no longer repel water. When you see signs of this, please follow our reapplication method.
- Clean with Osmo Spray Cleaner
- Once cleaned, damp rinse surface and dry thoroughly
- Once dried, apply TopOil very thinly to surface using a lint free cloth
- Follow best practices for curing process
With a large selection of interior and exterior products to suit individual needs, Osmo understand that it may be difficult to choose the perfect product. This is why Osmo has produced an easy-to-use recommendation tool.
Simply follow the questions and statements that best apply to you, and discover the best product for your next project.
Where to Buy Osmo Products?
Osmo UK works closely with a large network of suppliers throughout the UK and worldwide to offer all of its products in-store at your local trade shop or online.
Find a supplier today on the Osmo website, search for your closest store, or simply find your favourite Osmo product online via your preferred search engine or third party retailer.