No More Water Marks
- Food safe (EN 1186)
- Safe for use on children’s toys (EN 71.3)
- Extremely water and chemical resistant
- Very durable and hardwearing
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Clear (Matt), Clear (Satin), Natural (Matt), Acacia (Matt), White (Satin), Terra (Satin), Graphite (Satin)
Osmo Flat Brush, Microfibre Roller or Hand Pad
Kitchen wooden worktop and tables
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
5ml, 125ml, 500ml
Always remove white pigments of 3068 before leaving to dry
Osmo Brush Cleaner
24m²/L with one coat
First coat with Brush, Second coat with Cloth or Pad
Osmo Spray Cleaner
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
Osmo TopOil is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works.
Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler).
Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper then progress to finer grades– final sanding work for furniture P150-240 (depending on wood species ). For kitchen work tops using absorbent hardwoods like Oak or Beech, final sanding grade P120. For very absorbent woods like Pine, sand to a maximum of P150.
For dark and extractive-rich woods (e.g. Iroko, Teak, Mahogany, Sapele, Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba, Cedar etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a soft brush or vacuum cleaner.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
Apply the first coat thinly along the wood grain with an Osmo Microfibre Roller, Flat Brush or Oil Finish Applicator Fleece.
Allow to dry for approx. 8-10 hours. Ventilate well while drying.
Apply the second coat with an Osmo Oil Finish Applicator Fleece or a lint-free cloth. Avoid covering during drying and curing. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
For renovations, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface with an Oil Finish Applicator Fleece or lint-free cloth is usually sufficient.
TopOil 3028 and TopOil 3058 Clear enhances the tone of wood (permanent wet effect). TopOil 3068 Natural is slightly white tinted and counteracts exactly this effect. If applied correctly, 3068 Natural protects wood nearly invisibly and the natural colour tone of wood is preserved. TopOil 3068 Natural is visible as a slightly white chalky surface on dark/reddish wood species. Applying excess TopOil 3068 may lead to a white chalky surface. Remove visible white pigments before allowing the surface to dry.
Transparent TopOils (e.g. 3061 Acacia) are lightly pigmented, which give the wood an elegant look.
Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time. For cabinet interiors and drawers, apply max. one coat thinly with a cloth. Allow for good ventilation while drying.
If a higher gloss level is desired, after thoroughly drying apply Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner (also available as Spray) thinly and polish when dry.
Wood surfaces treated with TopOil are easy to clean.
Add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to mop water and clean the surface with a damp (not wet!) cloth.
Use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner to remove tough stains, which cleans and regenerates the surface at the same time.
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping. Damp mopping using Osmo Spray-Cleaner.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
For any wood types not mentioned, please always trial apply.
- Douglas Fir
- Maple: apply very thinly and carry out a trial application before use.
- American/European Walnut: apply very thinly and carry out a trial application before use.
The wood species below are not recommended for TopOil. Please use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin instead.
- South American Walnut
Also Not Recommended
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
Before and After Examples
**Treated with TopOil
is the classic types of wood. A traditional wood, yet timeless and always in fashion.
is the most important European type of wood. The bright knotty wood is used everywhere in interior design and is always on trend.
Origin: Scandinavia / Russia
is an unobtrusive predominantly bright wood with a clear and distinctive drawing.
shows up as yellow-reddish brown wood with fine pores
is a classic. This wood is particularly popular because of its warm hue.
Origin: Scandinavia / Russia
is a coveted native species reddish-brown colour.
- Shake very well before use. Failure to mix all ingredients ( and colour) could lead to an increased patchiness.
- For dark and extractive-rich woods (e.g. Iroko, Teak, Mahogany, Sapele, Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba, Cedar etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
- For kitchen worktops, Osmo Wood Protector 4006 is an optional pre-treatment for absorbent wood like: Pine, Birch or Spruce. Osmo Wood Protector 4006 will help to raise the water repellant qualities of the timber prior to applying Osmo Top Oil.
- Wood pre-treated with Osmo Wood Protector 4006 may appear a little more dark and colour intensified. Always trial apply Osmo Top Oil 3068 Natural over the Wood Protector 4006 to ensure the final appearance meets with expectations.
- Osmo TopOil 3068 Natural is slightly white tinted and is optically suitable for lighter coloured wood species, eg : Oak, Beech, Birch or Pine. On dark/reddish wood species, Osmo TopOil 3068 Natural is visible as slightly white chalky surface.
- Applying excess Osmo TopOil 3068 Natural may lead to a white chalky surface. Remove visible white pigments before allowing the surface to dry.
- Avoid covering during drying and curing. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
- Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discolouration or staining may be possible.
- Other household cleaning products such as vanish, bleach, baking soda etc. are likely to cause severe discolouration or staining.
Microporous natural hardwax-oil wood finish which is extremely tough and hardwearing. It is water repellent and dirt resistant. The finish is resistant against wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juices, milk and water. These types of liquid spillages will tightly bead on the surface without leaving any marks, simply clean by wiping with a cloth.
OSMO SPRAY CLEANER
Ideal spray solution for everyday cleaning and maintenance – especially developed for oiled and waxed wood surfaces. It contains soaps based on natural oils to ensure the wood does not dry out from cleaning. The water-soluble ingredients prevent streaks and do not form a layer. Especially mild on skin, free of dyes and aromas, biodegradable, free of solvents and emissions, all to support a healthy living environment.
OSMO SMALL ROLLER SET
Microfibre roller and 60mm natural bristle brush set to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain and spread well. For first application, two coats is recommended onto a clean and dry surface. For renovation, just one coat is necessary.
OSMO FLAT BRUSH
Made with high quality synthetic bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Exceptional coverage capacities which produce professional looking results every time. Available in 25, 50, 60 and 100 mm sizes.