For Ingredient-Rich Hardwoods
- For ingredient-rich hardwoods such as Teak, Walnut, Cedar, Iroko, Mahogany etc.
- Penetrates deeply
- Protects against wear, dirt and moisture
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- No primer necessary, not even in bathrooms or kitchens
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel, flake or blister
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Osmo Flat Brush
Indoor oily and resinous hardwood surfaces
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
5ml, 125ml, 750ml, 2.5L
Osmo Brush Cleaner
24m²/L with one coat
Osmo Wash and Care or Spray-Mop
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler).
If possible, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation.
Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring 120-150, for furniture P220-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin can be brushed, wiped, dipped or sprayed in an enclosed unit.
Apply evenly along the wood grain with Osmo Flat Brush or a lint-free cloth (e.g. for furniture).
1st coat: apply thinly. Allow to dry for approx. 30 minutes under good ventilation. Wipe away any excess product. Reapply to unsaturated areas.
2nd coat: apply thinly. Allow to dry for approx. 30 minutes under good ventilation. Wipe away any excess product.
Recommended number of coats: one coat for furniture / two coats for flooring.
For renovation works, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect). Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time.
Caution: Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping using the green Dust-Mop from the Osmo Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors. Damp mopping using Osmo Wash and Care or Osmo Spray-Mop.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin is suitable for the following wood types. For all other wood species, always trial apply.
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
- For other wood species without a high ingredient content, use Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original.
- Over application and low ventilation can increase the drying times.
- Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin is suitable for any wood in the interior; wall and ceiling panelling, wooden flooring, furniture and children’s toys.
- Due to the high water-repellence, is ideal for use in wet rooms (kitchens, bathrooms, swimming pools).
- Ingredient-rich wood species contain a high level of density, natural oils, resin and/or tannin content which Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin has been especially developed to protect.
- Approx. coverage: 20m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2 coats
- Application temperature: +5°C
- Drying time: 12hrs.
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.750L, 2.5L
Natural oil and wax combined interior finish designed for hard, ingredient-rich, oily and dark wood species – such as Teak, Cedar, Iroko, Walnut etc.
In one simple application a rich professional satin finish is produced. The grain and texture of the wood is accentuated.
Extremely water resistant and dirt repellent, suitable for all interior use such as flooring, furniture and joinery including wet rooms, kitchens and bathrooms – does not suffer from water marks.
An all in one product – no base coat, primer or top coat is necessary.
OSMO FLOOR BRUSH
Made with 100% natural bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Make short work of large areas with exceptional coverage capacities to produce professional looking results every time. With a high quality beech frame and robust backing plate, simply attach the Osmo extendable telescopic handle for applying in comfort.
OSMO FLOOR ROLLER SET
Made with microfibres to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain and spread well. For first application, two coats is recommended onto a clean and dry surface. For renovation, just one coat is necessary.