The Quick Cure For Professionals
- Especially fast drying and curing
- Extremely durable and hardwearing
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Attractive colour tones, transparent or intensive
- Specifically for commercial use
- Suitable for all woods including exotic woods
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Osmo Floor Brush, Microfibre Roller, Hand Pad or Double Blade Scraper followed by white pad
Interior wooden flooring and furniture
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
5ml, 125ml, 1L, 2.5L
4 hrs with Oil Stain Hardener, 12 hrs without
Osmo Brush Cleaner
24-48m²/L with one coat
1-2 coats, plus top coat of Polyx-Oil
Osmo Wash and Care, or Spray-Mop
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
Osmo Oil Stain is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler).
Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring grit P120-150, for furniture girt P220-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
Transparent colour: with Osmo Floor Brush, Microfibre Roller, Oil Finish Applicator Fleece (Hand Pad Holder) or Double Blade Scraper, apply very thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain and rub into the wood with a white pad. Allow to dry for approx. 12 hours under good ventilation.
Intensive colour: if a stronger colour is desired, apply thinly along the wood grain with Osmo Microfibre Roller or Floor Brush, and spread well.
Tip: With an unused Microfibre Roller, any brushstrokes can be removed within 30 minutes after application. Ventilate well while drying. If an even more intensive colour is desired, apply a second coat with Osmo Double Blade Scraper, Microfibre Roller or Floor Brush, and rub into the wood with a white pad.
After thoroughly drying, a top coat should be carried out with a clear Osmo Polyx®-Oil.
For smaller areas, e.g. furniture, Osmo Oil Stain can be applied with a lint-free cloth.
Applications with the Hardener for Oil Stain 6631 as drying accelerator are also possible as an option.
Please observe the instructions for a correct application.
For dark woods and hardwoods rich in extractives (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin or Osmo Polyx®-Oil 2K Pure. A trial application is recommended.
Colour tone 3501 White: An intensive white surface is not recommended for flooring because it is more sensitive and prone to natural yellowing. As a top coat for such surfaces, the pigmented Polyx®-Oils 3040 or 3240 (White transparent) is recommended.
Colour tone 3519 Natural: A thin coat is recommended either with Osmo Microfibre Roller or Floor Brush.
After drying, a coat with a clear Osmo Polyx®-Oil should be carried out. The natural colour tone of wood is preserved – it does not enhance the tone of wood, no permanent wet effect. This finish leaves white streaks on red/dark wood species.
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping using the green Dust-Mop from the Osmo Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors. Damp mopping using Osmo Wash and Care or Osmo Spray-Mop.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
- Over application and/or low ventilation can also increase the drying times.
- Apply one coat for a transparent colour tone, or apply a second coat for an intensive colour tone to show less of the grain.
- A top coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil 2K is always required.
- If you prefer the look of untreated wood or to retain the light character of the wood please use Osmo Polyx®-Oil 3044 Raw.
- Osmo Oil Stain can be used to colour Osmo Spray-Wax. Simply add up to 30% content into Spray-Wax can and stir thoroughly.
- Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discolouration or staining may be possible.
- Other household cleaning products such as vanish, bleach, baking soda etc. are likely to cause severe discolouration or staining.
- Be cautious if applying 3062 Clear Matt over a dark coloured surface such as 3590 Black. The matting agents within 3062 may produce a white mist or powdery effect upon the surface. It is recommended to apply 3065 Semi-Matt if a sheen is not desired. Always trial apply!
- Approx. coverage: 24-48m²/L per coat
- No. of coats: 1 or 2
- Application temperature: +5°C
- Drying time: 4 hrs with hardener, 12 hrs without
- Sizes: 0.125L, 1L, 2.5L
Colour and protect wooden floors without visible transitions, applying a single coat of the Oil Stain will create a transparent look showing the wood’s natural grain, whilst an optional second coat can give a more intensive colour tone. A final coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil is a must to protect pigmented finishes from wearing the colour. Oil Stain Hardener is an optional second component which can be used to harden the finish which reduces the drying and curing time to just 4 hours!
OSMO HARDENER FOR OIL STAIN
Acts as an additive for Osmo Oil Stain for accelerated drying. The drying time is shortened from 12 hrs to just 4 hrs by simply pouring the contents of the hardener (60ml) into the 1L Oil Stain can and stirring thoroughly prior to application.
Ideal machine which uses eccentric rotation for basic and intensive cleaning of wooden floors. Can also be used for resurfacing and refreshing the surface, as well as application of the Osmo Polyx®-Oils and Osmo Oil Stain.
OSMO DOUBLE BLADE SCRAPER
Apply with the Double Blade Scraper thinly onto the surface and then massage with the Osmo Floor-X-Center and green pad.