Ideal For Veneered Doors
- Suitable for selected veneered doors and furniture
- Extremely water and dirt resistant
- 3060 Enhances the wood’s natural character
- 3033 Preserves the wood’s light colour
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, also suitable for children’s toys
- No sanding necessary for future applications
Clear Satin, Raw Matt
Osmo Flat Brush or Microfibre Roller
Interior wooden doors, frames and joinery
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
5ml, 125ml, 1L
Osmo Brush Cleaner
24m²/L with one coat
Osmo Spray Cleaner
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%). Osmo Door-Oil is ready to use. Do not thin. Shake well before use. Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints,varnishes and lacquers must be completely removed. Always wear a dust musk while sanding. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler). Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding P120-150 for solid wood doors. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vaccum. If possible, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation.
Method of Application
With Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller, apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain and spread well. Allow for good ventilation while drying. After drying, apply a second coat – also thinly.
Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time. Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (3060 with permanent wetlook-effect). Osmo Door-Oil 3033 Raw counteracts exactly this effect and protects wood almost invisibly.
The original look of the wood can be kept – no emphasising of the natural colour of the wood (no wetlook-effect). On dark/reddish wood species the DoorOil 3033 Raw can be seen as a faintly white surface. A trial application is recommended.
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping. Damp mopping using Osmo Spray-Cleaner.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
- For dark/reddish, exotic or otherwise ingredient-rich wood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin.
- Wood Protector is recommended as a base coat for doors and joinery in wet-rooms such as bathrooms or small kitchens to increase the water resistance, although it is recommended to check with the door’s manufacturer for instructions or guidlines before application.
- Over application and/or low ventilation can also increase the drying times.
- Recommended application is 35ml/m²
- Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discolouration or staining may be possible.
- Other household cleaning products such as vanish, bleach, baking soda etc. are likely to cause severe discolouration or staining.
- For a range of colour tones, see Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints or Osmo Wood Wax Finish.
Osmo Door-Oil is a unique oil and wax combination designed to protect interior veneered wooden doors. The unique formulation penetrates the wood surface which remains microporous and whilst the finish will not crack, peel, flake or blister. The surface also becomes healthy and elastic, and the wood’s fibres are prevented from becoming dry and brittle over time as well as shrinking and swelling.
OSMO FLAT BRUSH
Made with high quality synthetic bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Exceptional coverage capacities which produce professional looking results every time. Available in 25, 50, 60 and 100 mm sizes.
OSMO SMALL ROLLER SET
Microfibre roller and 60mm natural bristle brush set to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain and spread well. For first application, two coats is recommended onto a clean and dry surface. For renovation, just one coat is necessary.
Before and After Examples
**Treated with Polyx®-Oil Original
is the classic types of wood. A traditional wood, yet timeless and always in fashion.
is the most important European type of wood. The bright knotty wood is used everywhere in interior design and is always on trend.
Origin: Scandinavia / Russia
is an unobtrusive predominantly bright wood with a clear and distinctive drawing.
shows up as yellow-reddish brown wood with fine pores
is a classic. This wood is particularly popular because of its warm hue.
Origin: Scandinavia / Russia
is a coveted native species reddish-brown colour.
is a rather rare and difficult species to be processed in the most attractive colours.
provides a very noble picture reddish brown colour.
is particularly bright and hard, uniquely charismatic.