The Fastest Ever Drying Time
- 1-2 hrs dry time with hardener
- 2-3 hrs dry time without hardener
- Enhances the wood’s natural character
- Extremely durable and hardwearing
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Satin, Matt, White (Satin)
Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller
Interior wooden floors and furniture
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
125ml, 750ml, 2.5L
1-2 hrs with Polyx-Oil Express Hardener, 2-3 hours without
Osmo Brush Cleaner
24m²/L with one coat
Osmo Wash and Care, or Spray-Mop
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Express is ready to use, please do not thin. Stir well using a flat stirring stick or spatula before use. Failure to mix all ingredients ( and colour) could lead to an increased patchiness.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works.
Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler).
Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120-150, for furniture P180-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the wood‘s natural characteristics. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
Apply thinly along the wood grain with Osmo Natural Bristle Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller and spread well within 10 minutes. Avoid excess product.
Leave to dry for approx. 2-3 hours with good ventilation. After drying, carry out second coat as stated above. Avoid covering during drying and curing. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
When renovating or recoating an already oiled surface, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
Applications with the Hardener for Polyx®-Oil Express 6632 as drying accelerator are also possible as an option. Please observe the instructions for a correct application.
Oils enhance the natural wood tone (permenent wet effect). Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time and the typical smell of oil.
For dark and extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
For cork surfaces, due to their high absorbency please ensure that the wood finish is applied especially thinly. On cork, longer drying times are to be taken into consideration (at least 6-8 hours).
Caution: Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
If a higher gloss level is desired use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner very thinly and polish when dry. Avoid using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner on surfaces that have not dried and cured properly. Always trial apply first.
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Wood surfaces treated with Polyx®-Oil Express are highly repellent and easy to maintain. Remove debris with the Osmo green Dust-Mop from the Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors, or use a broom or vacuum cleaner.Damp mop floors using diluted Osmo Wash and Care and the Osmo Micro-Mop Plush from the Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors. Avoid saturating the surface with water. For the convenient cleaning of floors use Osmo Spray-Mop. For furniture or small areas, use Osmo Spray Cleaner and Osmo Easy Pads.
Occasional Maintenance: For spot cleaning stubborn scuff marks, or occasionally refreshing satin or gloss Polyx-Oils use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner. Alternatively, Osmo Maintenance Oils can be used to occasionally refresh most Polyx Oil sheen levels, including matt. Ensure surfaces are appropriately cleaned before thinly applying Osmo Maintenance Oils.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the appropriately cleaned and dried surface when signs of wear become visible.
- Stir well using a flat stirring stick or spatula before use. Failure to mix all ingredients ( and colour) could lead to an increased patchiness.
- For dark and extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
- Over application and/or low ventilation can also increase the drying times.
- Avoid covering Osmo Polyx®-Oil Express during drying and curing. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
- Osmo Hardener 6632 for Polyx®-Oil Express is optional to accelerate drying. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
- Osmo Polyx®-Oil 3340 Express White is a stand alone finish and requires 2 x thin brush, or Osmo Microfibre roller coats to complete the finish. Applying a clear top coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil increases the risk of yellowing. Always trial apply.
- Application of second coat of clear Osmo Polyx®-Oil Express can be carried out once the first coat has dried. However, if the first coat is a coloured Osmo finish ( eg Polyx®-Oil Tint or Wood Wax Finish Transparent) it is recommended to wait approx. 24hrs before applying Osmo Polyx®-Oil Express as the clear top coat. Always trial apply.
- If you prefer the look of untreated wood or to retain the light character of the wood please use Osmo Polyx®-Oil 3044 Raw.
- Pre-treatment with Osmo Wood Protector 4006 is recommended for use in bathrooms or kitchens. Expect the wood to appear darker and more colour intensified following treatment with Osmo Wood Protector 4006. Always trial apply first.
- Approx. coverage: 24m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2 coats
- Application temperature: +5°C
- Drying time: 2-3 hrs, or 1-2 hrs with optional hardener
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.750L, 2.5L
The wood’s true beauty is accomplished by using Polyx®-Oil Express from Osmo. The fastest ever drying product that we have ever created, dries within 1-2 hours when used with 6632 Hardener or 2-3 hours without.
The emphasis on the wood’s grain and natural characteristics provides a warm and rich effect to ensure that any interior looks luxurious and elegant. Each wood has its own style and unique charm, and is seductive from the first sight.
OSMO HARDENER FOR EXPRESS
Acts as an additive for Osmo Osmo Polyx®-Oil Express for an extremely fast drying time. The drying time is shortened from 2-3 hrs to just 1-2 hrs by simply pouring the contents of the hardener into the 2.5L can of Polyx®-Oil Express ( bottle of hardener is 6% ). Stir thoroughly prior to application. Note: Pot time could be reduced down to 90 minutes by adding the Hardener. Please do not mix together more material than you can process with certainty within 60 minutes. If you do not require the entire can of Polyx®-Oil Express, add 6% Hardener – mix in a separate container!
OSMO FLOOR BRUSH
Made with 100% natural bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Make short work of large areas with exceptional coverage capacities to produce professional looking results every time. With a high quality beech frame and robust backing plate, simply attach the Osmo extendable telescopic handle for applying in comfort.
OSMO FLOOR ROLLER SET
Made with microfibres to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain and spread well. For first application, two coats is recommended onto a clean and dry surface. For renovation, just one coat is necessary.
Before and After Examples
**Treated with Polyx®-Oil
is the classic types of wood. A traditional wood, yet timeless and always in fashion.
is the most important European type of wood. The bright knotty wood is used everywhere in interior design and is always on trend.
Origin: Scandinavia / Russia
is an unobtrusive predominantly bright wood with a clear and distinctive drawing.
shows up as yellow-reddish brown wood with fine pores
is a classic. This wood is particularly popular because of its warm hue.
Origin: Scandinavia / Russia
is a coveted native species reddish-brown colour.
is a rather rare and difficult species to be processed in the most attractive colours.
provides a very noble picture reddish brown colour.
is particularly bright and hard, uniquely charismatic.