Quick Drying Hardwax-Oil
- Fast drying
- Enhances the wood’s natural character
- Extremely durable and hardwearing
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Satin, Matt, White (Satin)
Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush, Hand Pad or Microfibre Roller
Interior wooden floors and furniture
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
125ml, 750ml, 2.5L, 10L
Osmo Brush Cleaner
24m²/L with one coat
Osmo Wash and Care or Spray-Mop
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Rapid is ready to use. Do not thin.
Stir well using a flat stirring stick or spatula before use.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed.
As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler).
Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120-150, for furniture P180-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
With Osmo Flat Brush, Microfibre Roller or Floor Brush, apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain and spread well within 10-15 minutes. Wipe away any excess product.
Allow to dry for approx. 4-5 hours under good ventilation. After drying, apply a second coat also thinly and quickly. Avoid covering during drying and curing. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
When renovating or recoating an already oiled surface, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect). Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying.
For dark and extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
For cork surfaces, due to their high absorbency please ensure that the wood finish is applied especially thinly. On cork, longer drying times are to be taken into consideration (at least 6-8 hours).
Caution: Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
Wood surfaces treated with Polyx®-Oil Rapid are easy to maintain. Remove debris with a soft brush or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to mop water and clean the surface with a damp (not wet!) mop.
To refresh and clean intensively, use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner when necessary. If a higher gloss level is desired, after thoroughly drying apply Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner thinly and polish when dry.
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping using the green Dust-Mop from the Osmo Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors. Damp mopping using Osmo Wash and Care or Osmo Spray-Mop.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
OSMO FLOOR BRUSH
Made with 100% natural bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Make short work of large areas with exceptional coverage capacities to produce professional looking results every time. With a high quality beech frame and robust backing plate, simply attach the Osmo extendable telescopic handle for applying in comfort.
OSMO FLOOR ROLLER SET
Made with microfibres to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain and spread well. For first application, two coats is recommended onto a clean and dry surface. For renovation, just one coat is necessary.
- Stir well using a flat stirring stick or spatula before use. Failure to mix all ingredients ( and colour) could lead to an increased patchiness.
- For dark and extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
- Over application and/or low ventilation can also increase the drying times.
- Avoid covering Osmo Polyx®-Oil Rapid during drying and curing. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
- Osmo Polyx®-Oil 3240 Rapid White is a stand alone finish and requires 2 x thin brush, or Osmo Microfibre roller coats to complete the finish. Applying a clear top coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil increases the risk of yellowing.
- Application of second coat of clear Osmo Polyx®-Oil Rapid can be carried out once the first coat has dried. However, if the first coat is a coloured Osmo finish ( eg Polyx®-Oil Tint or Wood Wax Finish Transparent) it is important to wait approx. 24hrs before applying Osmo Polyx®-Oil Rapid as the clear top coat.
- If you prefer the look of untreated wood or to retain the light character of the wood please use Osmo Polyx®-Oil 3044 Raw.
- Pre-treatment with Osmo Wood Protector 4006 is recommended for use in bathrooms or kitchens. Expect the wood to appear darker and more colour intensified following treatment with Osmo Wood Protector 4006. Always trial apply first.
- Approx. coverage: 24m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2 coats
- Application temperature: +5°C
- Drying time: 4-6 hrs
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.750L, 2.5L, 10L
Osmo Polyx®-Oils are developed from natural oils and waxes to provide the most hardwearing and durable protection for wooden flooring and furniture.
The wood’s true beauty is accomplished by using Osmo Polyx®-Oil Rapid. The emphasis on the wood’s grain and natural characteristics provides a warm and rich effect to ensure that any interior looks luxurious and elegant. Each wood has its own style and unique charm, and is seductive from the first sight.
Before and After Examples
**Treated with Polyx®-Oil
is the classic types of wood. A traditional wood, yet timeless and always in fashion.
is the most important European type of wood. The bright knotty wood is used everywhere in interior design and is always on trend.
Origin: Scandinavia / Russia
is an unobtrusive predominantly bright wood with a clear and distinctive drawing.
shows up as yellow-reddish brown wood with fine pores
is a classic. This wood is particularly popular because of its warm hue.
Origin: Scandinavia / Russia
is a coveted native species reddish-brown colour.
is a rather rare and difficult species to be processed in the most attractive colours.
provides a very noble picture reddish brown colour.
is particularly bright and hard, uniquely charismatic.