Slightly Tinted To Perfection
- Protects and colours with wood grain visible
- Harmonious appearance
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
White, Light Grey, Honey, Amber, Terra, Graphite, Black (all Satin)
Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush, Hand Pad or Microfibre Roller
Interior wooden floors and furniture
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
5ml, 125ml, 750ml, 2.5L
Osmo Brush Cleaner
30m²/L with one coat
Osmo Wash and Care or Spray-Mop
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints is ready to use. Do not thin.
Stir well before use.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works.
Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (Osmo Wood Filler).
Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120-150, for furniture P180-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
Transparent colour: With Osmo Flat Brush, Microfibre Roller, Oil Finish Applicator Fleece (Hand Pad Holder) or Floor Brush, apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain and spread well.
Allow to dry for approx. 24 hours under good ventilation. If a stronger colour intensity is desired, repeat the process (however maximal two coats).
Lightly stained effect: Within 20 minutes after application, wipe away product along the wood grain with a cloth or white pad. Allow to dry for approx. 24 hours under good ventilation.
Intensive colour: For this application, we recommend Osmo Wood Wax Finish or Osmo Oil Stain.
Important: Apply maximum one coat of Polyx®-Oil Tints or Oil Stain to flooring.
(Not applicable for Polyx®-Oil Tints 3040 White, see Notes.) After thoroughly drying, a top coat with a clear Osmo Polyx®-Oil is to be carried out.
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect). Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time.
For dark and extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
When applying Polyx®-Oil Tints 3040 White, also use Polyx®-Oil Tints 3040 White as the top coat to prevent yellowing.
For cork surfaces, due to their high absorbency please ensure that the wood finish is applied especially thinly.
On cork, longer drying times are to be taken into consideration.
Caution: Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
Wood surfaces treated with Polyx®-Oil Tints are easy to maintain. Remove coarse dirt with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to mop water and clean the surface with a damp (not wet!) mop.
Important: Apply maximum one coat of Polyx®-Oil Tints to flooring. Any brushstrokes can be removed with an unused, dry Microfibre Roller within 30 minutes after the application. After thoroughly drying, carry out a top coat with a clear Osmo Polyx®-Oil.
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping using the green Dust-Mop from the Osmo Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors. Damp mopping using Osmo Wash and Care or Osmo Spray-Mop.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
- Douglas Fir
- Maple: apply very thinly and carry out a trial application before use.
- American/European Walnut: apply very thinly and carry out a trial application before use.
The wood species below are not recommended for Polyx-Oil Original. Please use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin instead.
- South American Walnut
Also Not Recommended
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
OSMO FLOOR BRUSH
Made with 100% natural bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Make short work of large areas with exceptional coverage capacities to produce professional looking results every time. With a high quality beech frame and robust backing plate, simply attach the Osmo extendable telescopic handle for applying in comfort.
OSMO FLOOR ROLLER SET
Made with microfibres to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain and spread well. For first application, two coats is recommended onto a clean and dry surface. For renovation, just one coat is necessary.
- For exotic wood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin.
- Two coats can be applied on wooden furniture, doors and joinery, but only one coat is recommended on wooden flooring – a clear top coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil is required (approx. 24hrs after the first coat).
- Recommended application amount is 30ml/m²
- 3040 White is recommended to be used as a stand-alone finish without a top coat of clear Polyx-Oil. Alternatively 3040 can be used as a top coat after application of Osmo Wood Wax Finish 3111 White, to preserve the desired intensity of white and reduce the effects of yellowing.
- For more colour tones, see Osmo Wood Wax Finish.
- A base coat of Osmo Wood Protector is recommended for use in bathrooms or kitchens.
- Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discolouration or staining may be possible.
- Other household cleaning products such as vanish, bleach, baking soda etc. are likely to cause severe discolouration or staining.
- Be cautious if applying 3062 Clear Matt over a dark coloured surface such as 3075 Black. The matting agents within 3062 may produce a white mist or powdery effect upon the surface. It is recommended to apply 3065 Semi-Matt if a sheen is not desired. Always trial apply!
- Approx. coverage: 30m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 1 + Polyx®-Oil
- Application temperature: +5°C
- Drying time: 24 hrs.
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.750L, 2.5L
Osmo Polyx®-Oils are developed from natural oils and waxes to provide the most hardwearing and durable protection for wooden flooring and furniture.
All the renowned properties of the original Polyx®-Oil, tinted for individual creativity. Polyx®-Oil Tints are water-repellent, dirt-resistant and durable. The surface is pleasant to touch, has an even and harmonic optic and is based on natural, renewable raw vegetable materials.