Hardwax Oil with Added Safety
- Slip resistance for added safety
- Especially for public and commercial use
- Extremely durable and hardwearing
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush or Microfibre Roller
Interior wooden floors in both domestic and commercial areas
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
125ml, 750ml, 2.5L
Osmo Brush Cleaner
24m²/L with one coat
Osmo Wash and Care or Spray-Mop
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Anti-Slip is ready to use. Do not thin.
Stir well before use.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler).
Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120-150.
Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum cleaner.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
With Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush or Microfibre Roller, apply thinly along the wood grain and spread well.
Allow to dry for approx. 8-10 hours under good ventilation.
After drying, quickly apply a second coat also thinly.
For renovation works on previously oiled surfaces, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
Note: Osmo Polyx®-Oil Anti-Slip cannot be evened out with a single disc machine.
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect). Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time.
Polyx®-Oil Anti-Slip (3088) is distinguished by its satin smooth, yet non-slip surface. With Polyx®-Oil Anti-Slip (3088), a slip resistance class R9 is achieved. Polyx®-Oil Anti-Slip Extra (3089) is distinguished by its extremely high surface grip. Special additives provide the dried coating a structure that enables a slip resistance class R11.
For dark and extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin or Osmo Polyx®-Oil 2K PURE. A trial application is recommended. Wood surfaces treated with Osmo Polyx®-Oil Anti-Slip are easy to maintain. Remove debris with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to mop water and clean the surface with a damp (not wet!) mop. To refresh surfaces, use Osmo Maintenance Oil when necessary.
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping using the green Dust-Mop from the Osmo Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors. Damp mopping using Osmo Wash and Care or Osmo Spray-Mop.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
- For exotic hardwood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin.
- Clear oils can darken the appearance of the wood. To retain the light character of the wood, use Polyx®-Oil 3044 Raw.
- Recommended application amount is 35ml/m²
- Application of second coat can be done as soon as the first coat has dried. However, it is important to wait approx. 24hrs when applying colour for the first coat, before applying Polyx®-Oil
- Anti-Slip as the clear top coat.
- For an even smoother surface, use Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original.
- A base coat of Osmo Wood Protector is recommended for use in bathrooms or kitchens.
- Approx. coverage: 24m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2 coats
- Application temperature: +5°C
- Drying time: 8-10hrs.
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.750L, 2.5L
Osmo Polyx®-Oils are developed from natural oils and waxes to provide the most hardwearing and durable protection for wooden flooring and furniture.
Anti-Slip Polyx®-Oil is resistant to water and dirt, is very durable. Special additives give a structure to the dry finish and help to achieve a slip resistance up to R11 classification. The hardwax-oil finish retains the natural character of the wood, is microporous and does not crack, flake, peel or blister.
OSMO FLOOR BRUSH
Made with 100% natural bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Make short work of large areas with exceptional coverage capacities to produce professional looking results every time. With a high quality beech frame and robust backing plate, simply attach the Osmo extendable telescopic handle for applying in comfort.