Almost Invisible Protection
- Nearly invisible appearance, no ‘permanent wet effect’
- Light coloured wood stays light coloured
- Extremely durable and hardwearing
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush, Hand Pad or Microfibre Roller
Lightly coloured wooden floors and furniture of domestic origin
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
24 hrs, remove white pigments from surface before leaving to dry
Osmo Brush Cleaner
30m²/L with one coat
2 coats (or 1, plus top coat of Polyx®-Oil Original)
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Effect Raw is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works.
Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler).
Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120-150, for furniture P180-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum cleaner.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
With Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush or Microfibre Roller, apply thinly along the wood grain and spread well. Allow to dry for approx. 24 hours under good ventilation.
After drying, quickly apply a second coat also thinly.
When renovating or recoating an already oiled surface, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
Polyx®-Oil Effect Raw protects wood nearly invisibly.
Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time and the typical smell of oil.
Any brushstrokes can be removed with an unused dry Microfibre Roller within 30 minutes after applying.
The natural colour tone of wood is preserved – it does not enhance the tone of wood, no permanent wet effect.
On dark/reddish wood species, Polyx®-Oil Effect Raw is visible as slightly white chalky surface.
A trial application is recommended. For extractiverich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
Caution: Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping using the green Dust-Mop from the Osmo Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors. Damp mopping using Osmo Wash and Care or Osmo Spray-Mop.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
The following wood surfaces should be untreated or sanded P120 only.
- Maple: apply very thinly and carry out a trial application before use.
The wood species below are not recommended for Polyx-Oil Original. Please use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin instead.
- South American Walnut
Also Not Recommended
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
OSMO FLOOR BRUSH
Made with 100% natural bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Make short work of large areas with exceptional coverage capacities to produce professional looking results every time. With a high quality beech frame and robust backing plate, simply attach the Osmo extendable telescopic handle for applying in comfort.
OSMO FLOOR ROLLER SET
Made with microfibres to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain and spread well. For first application, two coats is recommended onto a clean and dry surface. For renovation, just one coat is necessary.
- For ingredient-rich hardwoods species use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin.
- Polyx®-Oil Raw is designed for sanded or raw wood only – not suitable for dark wood species.
- Recommended application is 30ml/m².
- If excessively applied, or if the surface has been sanded to a very fine grade of sandpaper – the white pigments can show visibly in some areas. In this scenario, the remedy is to sand the surface and finish with P120 and apply very thinly along the grain and spread well.
- For best results, apply Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original as the second coat. This will also determine the final sheen, whether a 3011 Glossy, 3032 Satin, 3065 Semi-matt or 3062 Matt finish is required.
- Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discolouration or staining may be possible.
- Other household cleaning products such as vanish, bleach, baking soda etc. are likely to cause severe discolouration or staining.
Osmo Polyx®-Oils are developed from natural oils and waxes to provide the most hardwearing and durable protection for wooden flooring and furniture.
Untreated wood in its original form has a light, pale character from its natural ‘raw’ appearance. Sanded wood also has the same effect. Osmo Polyx®-Oil 3044 Raw is designed to retain this appearance by using a small amount of white pigments to neutralise the permanent ‘wet-look’ that develops after application of a clear finish.
Apply very thinly and brush out any white pigments from the surface before leaving to dry to achieve the desired results.