Opaque Gloss Wood Stain
White Gloss Framing
- Extremely weather and UV resistant
- Suitable for interior and exterior framework
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- Natural wood grain is hidden
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for future applications
Osmo Flat Brush or Microfibre Roller
Interior and exterior wood frames
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
5ml, 125ml, 750ml, 2.5L
Osmo Brush Cleaner
20m²/L with one coat
Osmo Spray Cleaner (Exterior)
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%).
Osmo Opaque Gloss Wood Stain is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
If additional protection against blue stain, rot and insects is desired, pre-treat the wood if possible on all sides with Osmo WR Base Coat.
Method of Application
With Osmo Flat Brush or Microfibre Roller, apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain and spread well.
Allow to dry for approx. 10-12 hours under good ventilation.
After drying, apply a second coat – also thinly.
For renovation works, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
When used in dark indoor areas, the coating has due to its high oil content a slight yellowing effect.
Using power washers will severely decrease the coverage of the finish and general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating.
Regular Cleaning: Damp cleaning with Osmo Spray-Cleaner.
Occasional Maintenance: If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Clean.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
For all other wood types not mentioned, always trial apply first.
For the following wood types, WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Douglas Fir
Recommended After Weathering Period
For the following wood types, a weathering period is recommended. New or sanded wood requires at least 12 weeks (approximate) exposure to the exterior elements before application.
After the weathering period, it’s generally recommended to clean the surface from the extractive content before application, always trial apply!
For all other ingredient-rich hardwood species not mentioned may require a varied period of exposure. Please contact us for further information.
- Sapele: 3-4 weeks exposure
- Larch: 2 weeks exposure. Application of WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other: woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
- For new oily or exotic wood species, please allow approx. three months exposure to the outside elements prior to application.
- Over application can increase the drying times.
- If additional protection against blue stain, rot and mildew is desired, pre-treat with Osmo WR Base Coat.
- Approx. coverage: 10m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2
- Ideal application temperature: +10°C to 35°C
- Drying time: 12hrs.
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.375L, 0.750L, 2.5L
An elegant white opaque gloss wood finish based on natural oils. It is microporous, allowing the wood to breathe as well as protecting against ingress of moisture. Long-lasting, extremely weather and UV resistant. Does not crack, peel, flake or blister. The ideal low maintenance window and framework finish.
OSMO FLAT BRUSH
Made with high quality synthetic bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Exceptional coverage capacities which produce professional looking results every time. Available in 25, 50, 60 and 100 mm sizes.
OSMO SMALL ROLLER SET
Microfibre roller and 60mm natural bristle brush set to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain and spread well. For first application, two coats is recommended onto a clean and dry surface. For renovation, just one coat is necessary.