Attractive Silver Modern Effect
- Extremely weather and UV resistant
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Resistant to mould, algae, mildew and fungi
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- Natural wood grain remains visible
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for future applications
Agate Silver, Graphite Silver, Onyx Silver (Satin)
Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller
Exterior wood surfaces
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
5ml, 125ml, 750ml, 2.5L
First coat: 4-6 hrs, Second coat: 12 hrs
Osmo Brush Cleaner
26m²/L with one coat
Osmo Spray Cleaner
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%).
Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain Effect is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works.
If possible, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
If additional protection against blue stain, rot and insects is desired, pre-treat the wood if possible on all sides with Osmo WR Base Coat.
Method of Application
With Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller, apply thinly along the wood grain and spread well.
Allow to dry for approx. 4-6 hours under good ventilation.
Then apply a second coat.
For renovation works, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
Dried surface is satin-glossy at first and is afterwards satin.
Transparent colours are influenced by the natural colour of the wood and therefore they may deviate from the sample colours.
To extend the life of the coating, apply one coat of Osmo UV Protection Oil Extra 420 Clear after thoroughly drying.
Many wood species contain water-soluble coloured extractives which may leach out naturally when weathered.
Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain Effect is furnished with biocides and therefore it is only to be used in outdoor areas. The added active ingredients delay or minimize the risk of algae and fungal attack. For effective protection, two coats are to be carried out. In accordance with the latest technical research, permanent protection against algae and fungal attack cannot be provided.
Using power washers will severely decrease the coverage of the finish and general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating.
Regular Cleaning: Damp cleaning with Osmo Decking Cleaner using Osmo Decking Cleaning Brush.
Occasional Maintenance: If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Clean.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
For all other wood types not mentioned, always trial apply first.
- Thermowood and Thermally Modified Timber (TMT): prone to grey very fast and therefore application is recommended within the first two weeks after processing. Decking-Oil 010 Thermowood is optically suitable.
For the following wood types, WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Douglas Fir
Recommended After Weathering Period
For the following wood types, a weathering period is recommended. New or sanded wood requires at least 12 weeks (approximate) exposure to the exterior elements before application.
After the weathering period, it’s generally recommended to de-grey the surface with Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel and clean the surface from the extractive content before application, always trial apply!
For all other ingredient-rich hardwood species not mentioned may require a varied period of exposure. Please contact us for further information.
- Pressure-Impregnated Pine
- Sapele: 3-4 weeks exposure
- Larch: 2 weeks exposure. Application of WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other: woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
- For new or sanded ingredient-rich wood species, please allow approx. 12 weeks exposure to the outside elements prior to application.
- The transparent colour tone of the finish will be influenced by the wood’s natural colour, and testing first is always recommended.
- Over application can increase the drying times.
- Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.
- Recommended application amount is approx. 35 ml/m².
- Drying time of 4-6 hrs after the first coat, 12 hours thereafter both coats have been applied.
- Grey wood looks classically beautiful. The natural greying process, however, occurs quite unevenly. Thereby UV rays from the sun destroy the lignin in the wood; afterwards rainwater washes it away. Therefore the part of the cladding that is protected by the roof greys more slowly than than storeys underneath. The result is a spotted, less attractive “zebra house”. With grey and silvery shimmering wood stains from Osmo, now an elegant solution has been created, which lets the whole cladding shine in a stately grey from the very beginning, without waiting for the natural greying process. Among six different grey and silver tones (3 grey-satin tones from Natural Oil Woodstain, and 3 silver-metallic tones from Natural Oil Woodstain Effect), there is a fitting solution for every architectural style and for every other taste. The cladding appears especially lively when the grey tones change in fine nuances. So, for example, profiles can be installed so that they alternative between the tones: [905 Patina] [906 Pearl Grey] [907 Quartz Grey] Or, one sets a single silver profile among grey planks.
- For more grey tones, see Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain.
- For opaque colour tones, see Osmo Country Colour.
- Approx. coverage: 26m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2
- Ideal application temperature: +10°C to 35°C
- Drying time: 4-6 hrs between coats.
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.750L, 2.5L
A decorative silver-metallic, oil-based protective finish for all exterior use.
The micoporous, breathable finish allows the wood to breath and reduces the risk of swelling and shrinkage. Water repellent and extremely weather and UV resistant.
Contains active ingredients to resist the growth of mildew, algae and fungal. Proven finish over decades in all kinds of climatic conditions, does not crack, flake, peel or blister.
OSMO FLAT BRUSH
Made with high quality synthetic bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Exceptional coverage capacities which produce professional looking results every time. Available in 25, 50, 60 and 100 mm sizes.
OSMO SMALL ROLLER SET
Microfibre roller and 60mm natural bristle brush set to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain and spread well. For first application, two coats is recommended onto a clean and dry surface. For renovation, just one coat is necessary.