Garden Furniture Oil
Ideal for Garden Furniture and Decking
- Easy and seamless application
- Improves and maintains the appearance of wood
- Suitable for both hardwoods and softwoods
- Exceptionally high coverage
- Woodstain stays workable while coating
- Safe for humans, animals and plants once dry (biocide free)
- Highly water and dirt resistant
- Microporous, penetrating finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary when topping up coating
Osmo Flat Brush or Lint Free Cloth
Exterior wooden furniture
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
Osmo Brush Cleaner
24m²/L with one coat
Osmo Spray Cleaner
Wood species with a high content of natural wood extractives need to weather off (min. 4 weeks) before the initial treatment or be cleaned with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (degreaser). Resinous wood, such as Larch or Douglas Fir, needs to weather off for at least 6 weeks. Pressure-impregnated wood, Massaranduba,Bangkirai or Garapa need to weather off for at least 3 months. De-grey any already greyed wood with Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel before applying Osmo Garden Furniture Oil. Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%). Osmo Garden Furniture Oil is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use. Thoroughly clean or lightly sand old microporous stains or completely remove old varnishes before application. Always wear a dust mask while sanding. If possible, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation. If additional protection against blue stain, rot and insect attack is desired, pre-treat the wood, if possible on all sides, with Osmo WR Impregnation.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
With a stiff brush (Osmo Flat Brush) or a lint free cloth, apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood surface. Always work with wood grain. Apply thinly and evenly. Ventilate well while drying. Then apply the second coat – also thinly.
Osmo Garden Furniture Oil is clear; therefore it offers no UV protection (greying). Due to their surface properties, ribbed or rough saw wood surfaces absorb more product. Many wood species contain water-soluble coloured extractives which may leach out naturally when weathered.
Regular Cleaning: Damp cleaning with Osmo Decking Cleaner using Osmo Decking Cleaning Brush.
Occasional Maintenance: If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Clean ( for green growth) .
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
For all other wood types not mentioned, always trial apply first.
- Thermowood and Thermally Modified Timber (TMT): prone to grey very fast and therefore application is recommended within the first two weeks after processing. Decking-Oil 010 Thermowood is optically suitable
For the following wood types, WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
Recommended After Weathering Period
For the following wood types, a weathering period is recommended. Depending on wood species, new or freshly sanded wood requires up to 12 weeks (approximate) exposure to the exterior elements before application.
After the weathering period, it is generally recommended to clean the surface from the extractive content. Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel can be used to refresh the colour of the wood. If necessary and before application, de-grease the dried surface with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (degreaser), always trial apply!
For all other ingredient-rich hardwood species not mentioned may require a varied period of exposure. Please contact us for further information.
- Sapele: 2 -4 weeks exposure.
- Rosewood: 4-6 weeks exposure. However, Natural Oil Woodstain 727 Rosewood is optically suitable and requires a weathering period of approx. 12 weeks before use of Natural Oil Woodstain.
- Douglas Fir: 6 weeks exposure. Application of WR Base Coat is also recommended.
- Larch: 6 weeks exposure. Decking-Oil 009 Larch is optically suitable. Application of WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Cedar: 12 weeks exposure.
- Iroko: 12 weeks exposure.
- Mahogany: 12 weeks exposure.
- Teak: 12 weeks exposure.
- Tropical Walnut: 6-8 weeks exposure.
- Merbau: 12 weeks exposure.
- Ipe: 6-8 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Pressure-Impregnated Pine: 12 weeks exposure.
- Garapa: 12 weeks exposure. 013 Garapa is optically suitable.
- Balau: 12 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Bangkirai: 12 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Massaranduba: 12 weeks exposure. 014 Massaranduba is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other: woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
- For a clear satin finish for garden furniture apply just two coats of Osmo Garden Furniture Oil 028
- Exposed surfaces (in full sun) will allow the wood to naturally grey over time.
- Choosing a coloured Osmo Decking oil will offer some UV protection and slow the natural greying process
- Recommended application is 35ml/m²
- Code: 028
- Approx. coverage: 24m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2
- Ideal application temperature: +10°C to 35°C
- Drying time: 12 hrs
- Sizes: 1L
Protects, maintains and enhances the wood surface, producing a smooth slightly satin finish which is extremely water resistant and dirt repellent. The microporous finish is based on natural vegetable oils and allows the wood to breathe and helps regulate the moisture content reducing swelling and shrinkage, the penetrated finish will not crack, flake, peel or blister. High quality, long-lasting protection whilst allowing the wood’s appearance to fade naturally into a beautiful patina colour over time.
OSMO FLAT BRUSH
High quality synthetic mix soft tip brush for the application of wood oil. Available in four various sizes; 25mm (1″), 50mm (2″), 60mm (2 1/2″), 80mm (3 1/8″), 100mm (4″)
OSMO WOOD REVIVER POWER GEL
Highly effective cleaning agent for the refreshing and cleaning of greyed and aged exterior wood. Especially developed so that it can be easily applied, even on vertical areas as it has a special non-drip formula. The deep penetrating effect of the gel removes the greyed patina, with results showing as quick as 30 minutes!
WR BASE COAT
Osmo WR Base Coat is a clear wood preservative for protection against blue stain, rot and insect attack.