No More Slip Ups
- Clear, satin top coat for coloured Osmo Decking Oils.
- Contains a special highly compressed organic non-slip granule
- Natural wood character remains visible
- Furnished with active ingredients to protect the coating against mould, algae and fungal attack.
- Highly water and dirt resistant
- Microporous, penetrating finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary when topping up coating
Osmo Decking Brush
As a top coat for coloured Osmo Decking Oil or Natural Oil Woodstain
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
125ml, 750ml, 2.5L
Osmo Brush Cleaner
24m²/L with one coat
1 coat (as a top coat over one coat of coloured Osmo Decking oil or Natural Oil Wood Stain only)
Osmo Decking Cleaner
We recommend a base coat with a coloured Osmo Decking Oil, such as: Osmo Bangkirai-Oil, Larch-Oil or Douglas Fir Oil or Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain.
Before applying an Osmo coloured base coat ensure the bare wood species has been properly prepared. Please refer to the coloured Osmo Decking Oil product for more guidance on wood species preparation. Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil 430 top coat acts as protection against weathering and extends the life of the coating.
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%). Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil 430 is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well using a flat stirring stick or spatula before use.
For renovation works, clean existing, intact Osmo Decking oils thoroughly with diluted Osmo Decking Cleaner. De-grey and clean already greyed or weathered wood at the same time with Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel and rinse well. Avoid using jet / power washers to clean as this can be detrimental to the existing coating and reduce coverage of an Osmo finish.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
With Osmo Flat Brush, apply thinly along the wood grain and spread well. For quicker application on larger areas, we recommend our Osmo Decking Brush (150 mm) which is tailored for decking and allows you to work ergonomically. Spread well and evenly.
Allow to dry for approx. 12 hours under good ventilation.
For renovation works, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil 430 is clear satin and therefore it offers only limited protection against UV radiation (greying). With a combination of a coloured base coat and a top coat with Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil 430, your decking is fully protected. Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil 430 is not suitable for a single product application. Oils enhance the natural colour tone of wood (permanent wet effect).
To avoid greying and declining non-slip effect on high traffic areas, these areas should be cleaned and recoated at the right time.
If the greying process has already begun, de-grey the surface with Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel, rinse well then recoat.
Many wood species contain water-soluble coloured extractives which may leach out naturally when weathered.
Using power washers will severely decrease the coverage of the finish and general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating.
Regular Cleaning: Damp cleaning with Osmo Decking Cleaner using Osmo Decking Cleaning Brush.
Occasional Maintenance: If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Clean ( for green growth) .
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
For all other wood types not mentioned, always trial apply first. Osmo Anti-slip Decking Oil 430 is intended as a clear satin top coat over a base coat of coloured Osmo Decking Oil.
- Larch: Decking-Oil 009 Larch is optically suitable.
- Thermowood: Decking-Oil 010 Thermowood is optically suitable.
- Garapa: Decking-Oil 013 Garapa is optically suitable.
For the following wood types, WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Douglas Fir: Decking-Oil 013 Garapa is optically suitable.
Recommended After Weathering Period
For the following wood types, a weathering period is recommended. Depending on wood species, new or freshly sanded wood requires up to 12 weeks (approximate) exposure to the exterior elements before application.
After the weathering period, it is generally recommended to clean the surface from the extractive content. Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel can be used to refresh the colour of the wood. If necessary and before application, de-grease the dried surface with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (degreaser), always trial apply!
For all other ingredient-rich hardwood species not mentioned may require a varied period of exposure. Please contact us for further information.
- Sapele: 2 -4 weeks exposure.
- Rosewood: 4-6 weeks exposure. However, Natural Oil Woodstain 727 Rosewood is optically suitable and requires a weathering period of approx. 12 weeks before use of Natural Oil Woodstain.
- Douglas Fir: 6 weeks exposure. Application of WR Base Coat is also recommended.
- Larch: 6 weeks exposure. Decking-Oil 009 Larch is optically suitable. Application of WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Cedar: 12 weeks exposure.
- Iroko: 12 weeks exposure.
- Mahogany: 12 weeks exposure.
- Teak: 12 weeks exposure.
- Tropical Walnut: 6-8 weeks exposure.
- Merbau: 12 weeks exposure.
- Ipe: 6-8 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Pressure-Impregnated Pine: 12 weeks exposure.
- Garapa: 12 weeks exposure. 013 Garapa is optically suitable.
- Balau: 12 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Bangkirai: 12 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Massaranduba: 12 weeks exposure. 014 Massaranduba is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other: woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
OSMO DECKING BRUSH
Made with 100% natural bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. 150 mm width fits perfectly between the grooves of the decking boards providing exceptional coverage capacities which produce professional looking results every time. Simply attach the Osmo extendable telescopic handle for applying in comfort.
Recommended as the first coat before applying Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil. Osmo Decking-Oils protect, maintain and beautify the wood surface, producing a smooth semi-matt finish which is extremely water resistant and dirt repellent. The microporous finishes are based on natural vegetable oils and allow the wood to breathe and helps regulate the moisture content reducing swelling and shrinkage, the finish will not crack, flake, peel or blister.
OSMO WOOD REVIVER POWER GEL
Highly effective cleaning agent for the refreshing and cleaning of greyed and aged exterior wood. Especially developed so that it can be easily applied, even on vertical areas as it has a special non-drip formula. The deep penetrating effect of the gel removes the greyed patina, with results showing as quick as 30 minutes!
OSMO DECKING CLEANER
Osmo Decking Cleaner is a highly effective concentrate for cleaning untreated or oiled wooden decking and garden furniture. It is water soluble for quick, easy and thorough decking maintenance. The surface becomes resistant against soiling and water.
- The recommended first coat is either Osmo Decking Oil or Natural Oil Woodstain, followed by a top coat of Anti-Slip Decking Oil (not ideal for use after 007 Teak Oil).
- For a clear and natural finish for decking, apply just two coats of 007 Teak Oil, which allows the wood to naturally grey over time.
- The darker the colour of the first coat, the slower the greying process of the wood will start to appear.
- Hardwoods particularly high in resin and oil content require exposure to external elements for approx. 12 weeks prior to application.
- Product code: 430 Clear
- Approx. coverage: 24m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 1 top coat only
- Ideal application temperature: +10°C to 35°C
- Drying time: 8-10 hrs
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.750L, 2.5L
Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil is recommended as a top coat after a first coat of Osmo Decking-Oil – to produce a slip resistant and safer decking surface. A satin finish which is extremely water resistant and dirt repellent. The microporous finish is based on natural vegetable oils to allow the wood to breathe and helps regulate the moisture content reducing swelling and shrinkage, the finish will not crack, flake, peel or blister.
It is recommended to apply after a pigmented finish however if applying after a clear treatment, the wood naturally greys over time.