No More Slip Ups
- Slip resistant surface
- Natural wood character remains visible
- Prevenative protection against algae and fungal decay
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
Osmo Decking Brush
As a top coat for Osmo Decking Oil or Natural Oil Woodstain
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
125ml, 750ml, 2.5L
Osmo Brush Cleaner
24m²/L with one coat
1 coat (as a top coat only)
Osmo Decking Cleaner
We recommend a base coat with a pigmented oil, such as Osmo Bangkirai-Oil, Larch-Oil or Douglas Fir Oil or Osmo Natural Oil Woodstain.
Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil acts as protection against weathering and extends the life of the coating.
For renovation works, clean old microporous finishes thoroughly. Degrey and clean already greyed or weathered wood at the same time with Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel.
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%). Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed.
As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
If additional protection against blue stain, rot and insects is desired, pre-treat the wood if possible on all sides with Osmo WR Base Coat.
Method of Application
With Osmo Flat Brush, apply thinly along the wood grain and spread well. For quicker application on larger areas, we recommend our Osmo Decking Brush (150 mm) which is tailored for decking and allows you to work ergonomically. Spread well and evenly.
Allow to dry for approx. 12 hours under good ventilation.
For renovation works, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil is clear and therefore it offers only limited protection against UV radiation (greying). With a combination of a coloured base coat and a top coat with Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil, your decking is fully protected. Anti-Slip Decking Oil is not suitable for a single product application. Oils enhance the natural colour tone of wood (permanent wet effect).
To avoid greying and declining non-slip effect on hightraffic areas, these areas should be recoated at the right time.
If the greying process has already begun, degrey the surface with Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel and recoat.
Many wood species contain water-soluble coloured extractives which may leach out naturally when weathered.
Using power washers will severely decrease the coverage of the finish and general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating.
Regular Cleaning: Damp cleaning with Osmo Decking Cleaner using Osmo Decking Cleaning Brush.
Occasional Maintenance: If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Clean.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
For all other wood types not mentioned, always trial apply first.
- Larch: Decking-Oil 009 Larch is optically suitable.
- Thermowood: Decking-Oil 010 Thermowood is optically suitable.
- Garapa: Decking-Oil 013 Garapa is optically suitable.
For the following wood types, WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Douglas Fir: Decking-Oil 013 Garapa is optically suitable.
Recommended After Weathering Period
For the following wood types, a weathering period is recommended. New or sanded wood requires at least 6-8 weeks (approximate) exposure to the exterior elements before application.
After the weathering period, it is generally recommended to clean the surface from the extractive content before application, always trial apply!
For all other ingredient-rich hardwood species not mentioned may require a varied period of exposure. Please contact us for further information.
- Ipe: 4-6 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Balau: 4-6 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Massaranduba: 4-6 weeks exposure. 014 Massaranduba is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Rosewood: 4-6 weeks exposure. However, Natural Oil Woodstain 727 Rosewood is optically suitable and requires a weathering period of approx. 12 weeks before use of Natural Oil Woodstain.
- Sapele: 2 weeks exposure.
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other: woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
OSMO DECKING BRUSH
Made with 100% natural bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. 150 mm width fits perfectly between the grooves of the decking boards providing exceptional coverage capacities which produce professional looking results every time. Simply attach the Osmo extendable telescopic handle for applying in comfort.
Recommended as the first coat before applying Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil. Osmo Decking-Oils protect, maintain and beautify the wood surface, producing a smooth semi-matt finish which is extremely water resistant and dirt repellent. The microporous finishes are based on natural vegetable oils and allow the wood to breathe and helps regulate the moisture content reducing swelling and shrinkage, the finish will not crack, flake, peel or blister.
OSMO WOOD REVIVER POWER GEL
Highly effective cleaning agent for the refreshing and cleaning of greyed and aged exterior wood. Especially developed so that it can be easily applied, even on vertical areas as it has a special non-drip formula. The deep penetrating effect of the gel removes the greyed patina, with results showing as quick as 30 minutes!
OSMO DECKING CLEANER
Osmo Decking Cleaner is a highly effective concentrate for cleaning untreated or oiled wooden decking and garden furniture. It is water soluble for quick, easy and thorough decking maintenance. The surface becomes resistant against soiling and water.
- The recommended first coat is either Osmo Decking Oil or Natural Oil Woodstain, followed by a top coat of Anti-Slip Decking Oil (not ideal for use after 007 Teak Oil).
- For a clear and natural finish for decking, apply just two coats of 007 Teak Oil, which allows the wood to naturally grey over time.
- The darker the colour of the first coat, the slower the greying process of the wood will start to appear.
- Hardwoods particularly high in resin and oil content require exposure to external elements for approx. 12 weeks prior to application.
- Product code: 430 Clear
- Approx. coverage: 24m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 1 top coat only
- Application temperature: +5°C
- Drying time: 8-10 hrs
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.750L, 2.5L
Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil is recommended as a top coat after a first coat of Osmo Decking-Oil – to produce a slip resistant and safer decking surface. A satin finish which is extremely water resistant and dirt repellent. The microporous finish is based on natural vegetable oils to allow the wood to breathe and helps regulate the moisture content reducing swelling and shrinkage, the finish will not crack, flake, peel or blister.
It is recommended to apply after a pigmented finish however if applying after a clear treatment, the wood naturally greys over time.