End Grain Sealing Wax
Special End Grain Sealer
- Protects edge grain of decking against cracks
- Prevents wood ingredients from bleeding
- High weather resistance
- Safe for human, animal and plant once dry
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Minimises wood swelling and shrinkage
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
Osmo Flat Brush or lint-free cloth
5m²/L or approx 600 decking boards on both ends
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%).
Osmo End Grain Sealing Wax is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
With Osmo Flat Brush, apply generously to end grains.
To achieve an optimal protection for strongly absorbing end grains, we recommend applying the sealing wax two times wet-in-wet or after drying carry out a second coat.
Osmo End Grain Sealing Wax is clear and therefore it can be applied universally.
Please only apply to end grains. Not for area treatment. Wipe away any excess wax from other surfaces with a cloth.
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect). After drying, we recommend coating the other wood surfaces with Osmo wood finishes (e.g. Bangkirai-Oil, Massaranduba-Oil, Country Colour or Natural Oil Woodstain).
Using power washers will severely decrease the coverage of the finish and general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating.
Osmo End Grain Sealing Wax protects the end grain from cracks during all elements of weathering. Minimises the water absorption, as well as the seasoning of the end grains. The surface is water and dirt resistant. Swelling and shrinking as well as ‘bleeding’ of the contents of the wood will be reduced. It is clear and is therefore universally applicable.
Regular Cleaning: Damp cleaning with Osmo Decking Cleaner using Osmo Decking Cleaning Brush.
Occasional Maintenance: If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Clean.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
OSMO FLAT BRUSH
Made with high quality synthetic bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Exceptional coverage capacities which produce professional looking results every time. Available in 25, 50, 60 and 100 mm sizes.
OSMO SMALL ROLLER SET
Microfibre roller and 60mm natural bristle brush set to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain and spread well. For first application, two coats is recommended onto a clean and dry surface. For renovation, just one coat is necessary.
- Apply to the raw end grain only.
- To achieve the best protection of strongly absorbing wood grain we recommend to apply 2 coats successively, wet on wet.
- Recommended application amount of 150ml/m² for first coat, and 50 ml/m² for the second coat.
- 375ml covers approx 250 decking boards, covering both ends.
- Product code: 5735
- Approx. coverage: 5m²/L or 250 decking boards
- No. of coats: 2 cloth coats
- Ideal application temperature: +10°C to 35°C
- Drying time: 12 hrs
- Sizes: 0.375L