Decking-Oil 007 Teak Clear
Naturally Protected. Naturally Greys.
- Wood naturally greys
- Can be used for interior or exterior
- Safe for animals and plants once dry
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for future applications
Osmo Flat Brush or Decking Brush
Exterior wooden decking and garden furniture
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
5ml, 125ml, 750, 2.5L
Osmo Brush Cleaner
24m²/L with one coat
Osmo Decking Cleaner
Wood species with a high content of natural wood extractives need to weather off (min. 4 weeks) before the initial treatment or be cleaned with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (degreaser).
Resinous wood, such as Larch or Douglas Fir, needs to weather off for at least 6 weeks. Pressure impregnated wood, Massaranduba, Bangkirai or Garapa need to weather off for at least 3 months.
Degrey any already greyed wood with Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel before applying Osmo DeckingOils.
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%).
Osmo Decking-Oil is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
Thoroughly clean or lightly sand old microporous stains or completely remove old varnishes before application. Always wear a dust mask when sanding.
If possible, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
If additional protection against blue stain, rot and insect attack is desired, pre-treat the wood, if possible on all sides, with Osmo WR Impregnation.
Method of Application
Use stiff brush (Osmo Flat Brush) or a lint free cloth (e.g. for furniture) and apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood surface along wood grain.
For a quick and easy application, we recommend using Osmo Decking Brush (150 mm) which was tailor-made for decking and allows you to apply the finish while standing.
Apply thinly and evenly.
Allow for good ventilation while drying.
Then apply the second coat – also thinly.
If a less intenstive colour is desired, the second coat should be carried out with clear Anti-Slip Decking Oil.
(Does not apply for clear Teak-Oil 007)
Osmo Teak-Oil is a clear finish and therefore offers only little protection against UV radiation (greying).
As a clear top coat for screens, we recommend Osmo UV-Protection-Oil/UV-Protection-Oil Extra and for decking the clear Anti-Slip Decking Oil. This offers higher pigment protection which increases the durability of the finish against wear and weather.
For especially mechanically loaded areas (e.g. decking), we recommend checking the finish at least once a year and to eventually recoat the surface with the appropriate finish.
Due to their surface properties, ribbed or grooved as well as rough (sawn) wood surfaces absorb more product per square metre than smooth surfaces.
Many wood species contain water-soluble coloured extractives which may leach out naturally when weathered.
Using power washers will severely decrease the coverage of the finish and general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating.
Regular Cleaning: Damp cleaning with Osmo Decking Cleaner using Osmo Decking Cleaning Brush.
Occasional Maintenance: If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Clean.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
For all other wood types not mentioned, always trial apply first.
- Thermowood and Thermally Modified Timber (TMT): prone to grey very fast and therefore application is recommended within the first two weeks after processing. Decking-Oil 010 Thermowood is optically suitable.
For the following wood types, WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
Recommended After Weathering Period
For the following wood types, a weathering period is recommended. New or sanded wood requires at least 12 weeks (approximate) exposure to the exterior elements before application.
After the weathering period, it is generally recommended to clean the surface from the extractive content before application with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (degreaser), always trial apply!
For all other ingredient-rich hardwood species not mentioned may require a varied period of exposure. Please contact us for further information.
- Sapele: 2 weeks exposure.
- Rosewood: 4-6 weeks exposure. However, Natural Oil Woodstain 727 Rosewood is optically suitable and requires a weathering period of approx. 12 weeks before use of Natural Oil Woodstain.
- Douglas Fir: 6 weeks exposure. Application of WR Base Coat is also recommended.
- Larch: 6 weeks exposure. Decking-Oil 009 Larch is optically suitable. Application of WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Cedar: 6-8 weeks exposure.
- Iroko: 6-8 weeks exposure.
- Mahogany: 6-8 weeks exposure.
- Teak: 6-8 weeks exposure.
- Walnut: 6-8 weeks exposure.
- Merbau: 6-8 weeks exposure.
- Ipe: 6-8 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Pressure-Impregnated Pine: 12 weeks exposure.
- Garapa: 12 weeks exposure. 013 Garapa is optically suitable.
- Balau: 12 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Bangkirai: 12 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Massaranduba: 12 weeks exposure. 014 Massaranduba is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other: woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
- For a clear and natural finish for decking, apply just two coats of 007 Teak Oil, which allows the wood to naturally grey over time.
- The darker the colour, the slower the greying process of the wood will start to appear.
- Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil can be used as the second coat after any of the Decking Oils to provide a slip resistant surface.
- Recommended application is 35ml/m²
- Code: 007
- Approx. coverage: 24m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2
- Ideal application temperature: +10°C to 35°C
- Drying time: 12 hrs
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.750L, 2.5L
Osmo Decking-Oils protect, maintain and beautify the wood surface, producing a smooth slightly satin finish which is extremely water resistant and dirt repellent. The microporous finishes are based on natural vegetable oils and allow the wood to breathe and helps regulate the moisture content reducing swelling and shrinkage, the finish will not crack, flake, peel or blister.
OSMO DECKING BRUSH
Made with 100% natural bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. 150 mm width fits perfectly between the grooves of the decking boards providing exceptional coverage capacities which produce professional looking results every time. Simply attach the Osmo extendable telescopic handle for applying in comfort.
OSMO ANTI-SLIP DECKING OIL
For a slip resistant decking surface, Anti-Slip Decking Oil is recommended as the second coat which is very water resistant and dirt repellent. The microporous finish is based on natural vegetable oils and allows the wood to breathe and helps regulate the moisture content reducing swelling and shrinkage, the finish will not crack, flake, peel or blister.
OSMO WOOD REVIVER POWER GEL
Highly effective cleaning agent for the refreshing and cleaning of greyed and aged exterior wood. Especially developed so that it can be easily applied, even on vertical areas as it has a special non-drip formula. The deep penetrating effect of the gel removes the greyed patina, with results showing as quick as 30 minutes!
OSMO DECKING CLEANER
Osmo Decking Cleaner is a highly effective concentrate for cleaning untreated or oiled wooden decking and garden furniture. It is water soluble for quick, easy and thorough decking maintenance. The surface becomes resistant against soiling and water.