Opaque water based wood finish in a multitude of colours
- Opaque water based wood finish – no visible wood grain
- Safe for humans, animals and plants once dry
- Highly water and dirt resistant
- Breathable therefore reducing water logging, swelling and shrinkage
- Microporous, penetrating finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- Use Primer (Exterior) with white or light-colours
Various Opaque Colours
Osmo flat brush or Osmo Microfibre roller
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
Osmo Brush Cleaner
16m²/L with one coat
2 coats, or one coat of Primer (Exterior) plus one top coat of Garden Colour.
Osmo Decking Cleaner
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (out- side temperature min. +5 C, moisture content max. 18%). Osmo Garden Colour is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well. If possible, please apply first coat to all sides before installation. Clean and sand old intact finishes – remove any damaged finishes (sand away).
Always wear a dust mask while sanding. If additional protection against blue stain, rot and insects is de- sired, treat raw wood with Osmo WR Base Coat – if possible on all sides.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
With Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller, apply to clean dry wood thinly and quickly lap for lap with the grain or in a spray application.
Leave to dry for 3-4 hours under good ventilation. After drying, fine sanding between coats as needed. Apply the second coat also thinly and evenly. If possible, apply the first coat to all sides prior to installation. For renovations, one coat is usually sufficient.
Many wood species contain water-soluble coloured extractives which may leach out naturally when weathered. The oils and resins in exotic wood species and certain hardwoods (Oak, Locust, Larch, etc.) must weather away prior to application. This makes the wood absorbent and the wood finish bonds optimally.
Regular Cleaning: Damp cleaning with diluted Osmo Decking Cleaner using Osmo Decking Cleaning Brush.
Occasional Maintenance: If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Clean ( for green growth).
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
For all other wood types not mentioned, always trial apply first.
- Thermowood and Thermally Modified Timber (TMT): prone to grey very fast and therefore application is recommended within the first two weeks after processing.
For the following wood types, WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
Recommended After Weathering Period
For the following wood types, a weathering period is recommended. Depending on wood species, new or freshly sanded wood requires up to 12 weeks (approximate) exposure to the exterior elements before application.
After the weathering period, it is generally recommended to clean the surface from the extractive content. Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel can be used to refresh the colour of the wood. If necessary and before application, de-grease the dried surface with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (degreaser), always trial apply!
For all other ingredient-rich hardwood species not mentioned may require a varied period of exposure. Please contact us for further information.
- Sapele: 2 – 4 weeks exposure.
- Rosewood: 4-6 weeks exposure. However, Natural Oil Woodstain 727 Rosewood is optically suitable and requires a weathering period of approx. 12 weeks before use of Natural Oil Woodstain.
- Douglas Fir: 6 weeks exposure. Application of WR Base Coat is also recommended.
- Larch: 6 weeks exposure. Decking-Oil 009 Larch is optically suitable. Application of WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Cedar: 12 weeks exposure.
- Iroko: 12 weeks exposure.
- Mahogany: 12 weeks exposure.
- Teak: 12 weeks exposure.
- Tropical Walnut: 6-8 weeks exposure.
- Merbau: 12 weeks exposure.
- Ipe: 6-8 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Pressure-Impregnated Pine: 12 weeks exposure.
- Garapa: 12 weeks exposure. 013 Garapa is optically suitable.
- Balau: 12 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Bangkirai: 12 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Massaranduba: 12 weeks exposure. 014 Massaranduba is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other: woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
- Approx. coverage: 16m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2
- Ideal application temperature: 23°C
- Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity may increase drying times.
- Drying time: 3-4 hrs
- Sizes: 0.750L, 2.5L
Extremely weather-resistant and UV-stable, opaque satin wood finish for the exterior. Osmo Garden Colour is breathable and water repellent. The dried finish is safe for humans, animals and plants (resistant to saliva and perspiration acc. German DIN 53160, suitable for children‘s toys acc. EN 71.3).
Osmo Garden Colour is best suited for all exterior wood: timber cladding, balconies, window shutters, fencing, pergolas, garden sheds, garden furniture and carports.
OSMO Primer (Exterior)
Osmo Primer is ideal for the first coat before installation, for example in the workshop. Osmo Primer has been optimised for a professional and especially fast application. It is highly drip-resistant and extremely fast drying. For high quality long-lasting protection, a white or light-coloured top coat with Osmo Country Colour or Osmo Garden Colour is recommended.
OSMO WOOD REVIVER POWER GEL
Highly effective cleaning agent for the refreshing and cleaning of greyed and aged exterior wood. Especially developed so that it can be easily applied, even on vertical areas as it has a special non-drip formula. The deep penetrating effect of the gel removes the greyed patina, with results showing as quick as 30 minutes!
OSMO DECKING CLEANER
Osmo Decking Cleaner is a highly effective concentrate for cleaning untreated or oiled wooden decking and garden furniture. It is water soluble for quick, easy and thorough decking maintenance.