Ideal for the first coat before installation
- Highly water and dirt resistant
- Highly drip resistant
- Long lasting protection
- Breathable therefore reducing water logging, swelling and shrinkage
- Microporous, penetrating finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- Use with white or light coloured top coats
Undercoat for Exterior Wood
One coat, when signs of wear become visible (top coat)
750ml, 2.5L, 10L
Osmo Brush Cleaner
12m²/L with one coat
1 coats, plus one top coat of Garden Colour or Country Colour
Osmo Decking Cleaner
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (out- side temperature min. +5 C, moisture content max. 18%). Osmo Primer is ready to use. Stir well. Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints, varnishes and lacquers must be completely removed. Always wear a dust mask while sanding. If additional protection against blue stain, rot and insects is de- sired, pre-treat the wood if possible on all sides with Osmo WR Base Coat.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
With Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller, ap- ply to clean dry wood thinly with the grain – if possible on all sides – and spread evenly.
For the top coat, Osmo Country Colour or Osmo Gar- den Colour in white or light colours is recommended. Please observe that when using products other than those recommended, it is absolutely necessary to use only high quality wood finishes for the intended use. In such cases, a trial application is always required (processing, drying, adhesion). Many wood species contain water-soluble coloured extractives which may leach out naturally when weathered. The oils and resins in exotic wood species and certain hardwoods (Oak, Locust, Larch, etc.) must weather away prior to application. This makes the wood absorbent and the wood finish bonds optimally.
Regular Cleaning: Damp cleaning with diluted Osmo Decking Cleaner using Osmo Decking Cleaning Brush.
Occasional Maintenance: If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Clean ( for green growth).
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
Download the PDF product information and safety data here:
For all other wood types not mentioned, always trial apply first.
- Thermowood and Thermally Modified Timber (TMT): prone to grey very fast and therefore application is recommended within the first two weeks after processing.
For the following wood types, WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
Recommended After Weathering Period
For the following wood types, a weathering period is recommended. Depending on wood species, new or freshly sanded wood requires up to 12 weeks (approximate) exposure to the exterior elements before application.
After the weathering period, it is generally recommended to clean the surface from the extractive content. Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel can be used to refresh the colour of the wood. If necessary and before application, de-grease the dried surface with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (degreaser), always trial apply!
For all other ingredient-rich hardwood species not mentioned may require a varied period of exposure. Please contact us for further information.
- Sapele: 2 – 4 weeks exposure.
- Rosewood: 4-6 weeks exposure. However, Natural Oil Woodstain 727 Rosewood is optically suitable and requires a weathering period of approx. 12 weeks before use of Natural Oil Woodstain.
- Douglas Fir: 6 weeks exposure. Application of WR Base Coat is also recommended.
- Larch: 6 weeks exposure. Decking-Oil 009 Larch is optically suitable. Application of WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Cedar: 12 weeks exposure.
- Iroko: 12 weeks exposure.
- Mahogany: 12 weeks exposure.
- Teak: 12 weeks exposure.
- Tropical Walnut: 6-8 weeks exposure.
- Merbau: 12 weeks exposure.
- Ipe: 6-8 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Pressure-Impregnated Pine: 12 weeks exposure.
- Garapa: 12 weeks exposure. 013 Garapa is optically suitable.
- Balau: 12 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Bangkirai: 12 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Massaranduba: 12 weeks exposure. 014 Massaranduba is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other: woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
- Approx. coverage: 12m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 1
- Ideal application temperature: 23°C
- Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity may increase drying times.
- Drying time: 3-5 hrs
- Sizes: 0.750L, 2.5L, 10L
Osmo Primer is ideal for the first coat before installation, for example in the workshop. Osmo Primer has been optimised for a professional and especially fast application. It is highly drip-resistant and extremely fast drying. For high quality long-lasting protection, a white or light-coloured top coat with Osmo Country Colour or Osmo Garden Colour is recommended.
Osmo Primer is suitable for any exterior wood, for which a white finish is desired before installation. Ideal for timber cladding, wooden rafters and purlins, roof soffits, gables, balconies, fencing, pergolas, garden sheds, carports and other dimensionally stable and unstable elements.
OSMO GARDEN COLOUR
Extremely weather-resistant and UV-stable, opaque satin wood finish for the exterior. Osmo Garden Colour is breathable and water repellent. The dried finish is safe for humans, animals and plants (resistant to saliva and perspiration acc. German DIN 53160, suitable for children‘s toys acc. EN 71.3).
OSMO WOOD REVIVER POWER GEL
Highly effective cleaning agent for the refreshing and cleaning of greyed and aged exterior wood. Especially developed so that it can be easily applied, even on vertical areas as it has a special non-drip formula. The deep penetrating effect of the gel removes the greyed patina, with results showing as quick as 30 minutes!
OSMO DECKING CLEANER
Osmo Decking Cleaner is a highly effective concentrate for cleaning untreated or oiled wooden decking and garden furniture. It is water soluble for quick, easy and thorough decking maintenance.