Ideal for Garden Furniture and Decking
- Wood naturally greys
- Can be used for interior or exterior
- Safe for humans, animals and plants once dry
- Highly water and dirt resistant
- Microporous, penetrating finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary when topping up coating
Sprayable aerosol, and rub with Osmo Flat Brush
Exterior wooden furniture
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
Osmo Brush Cleaner
25m²/L with one coat
Osmo Spray Cleaner (Exterior)
Bare wood species with a high content of natural wood extractives need to weather off (min. 4 weeks) before the initial treatment or be cleaned with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (degreaser).
Resinous wood, such as Larch or Douglas Fir, needs to weather off for at least 6 weeks to improve absorbency. Pressure impregnated wood and tropical species like Massaranduba, Bangkirai, Garapa, Iroko need to weather off for at least 3 months. Cedar requires a 3 month weathering period to improve absorbency.
Greyed and weathered wood can be refreshed with Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel before applying clear Osmo Teak-Oil Spray 008. Avoid using jet / power washers to clean the surface as they can significantly affect the coverage of Osmo Teak-Oil Spray 008. Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%).
Osmo Teak-Oil Spray 008 is ready to use. Shake spray can well and carry out trial spray.
Thoroughly clean or lightly sand old microporous stains or completely remove old varnishes before application. If any sanding works are carried out some fresh wood species must be weathered as directed above to improve absorbency once more. Sanding to finishing grades of no more than a P120 grit are recommended. Always wear a dust mask when sanding.
If possible, and if the wood is absorbent please apply the first coat to all sides before installation.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
If additional protection against blue stain, rot and insect attack is desired ( eg soft woods), pre-treat the wood, if possible on all sides, with Osmo WR Impregnation.
Method of Application
Spraying distance approx. 25 cm. Afterwards rub in with a brush.
While applying, cover and protect surrounding areas and parts that should not be treated against the spray mist. Wipe away any excess with a cloth.
Allow to dry for approx. 12 hours under good ventilation and apply a second coat.
When renovating, one coat applied is usually sufficient to the clean and dry surface.
Clean spray nozzle after use.
Osmo Teak-Oil Spray 008 is clear satin and therefore does not protect against UV radiation from the sun (greying). If the original colour tone of freshly sawn wood should be preserved (e.g. Bangkirai), we recommend a coat of Osmo Decking-Oils in a natural shade in the appropriate colour tone.
Many wood species contain water-soluble coloured extractives ( eg Larch ) which may leach out naturally when weathered. Weathered, bare wood surfaces can be refreshed with Osmo Wood Reviver Power-gel.
Using power washers will severely decrease the coverage of the finish and general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating.
Regular Cleaning: Damp cleaning with Osmo Decking Cleaner using Osmo Decking Cleaning Brush.
Occasional Maintenance: If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Clean ( for green growth) .
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
For all other wood types not mentioned, always trial apply first.
- Thermowood and Thermally Modified Timber (TMT): prone to grey very fast and therefore application is recommended within the first two weeks after processing. Decking-Oil 010 Thermowood is optically suitable
For the following wood types, WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
Recommended After Weathering Period
For the following wood types, a weathering period is recommended. Depending on wood species, new or freshly sanded wood requires up to 12 weeks (approximate) exposure to the exterior elements before application.
After the weathering period, it is generally recommended to clean the surface from the extractive content. Osmo Wood Reviver Power-Gel can be used to refresh the colour of the wood. If necessary and before application, de-grease the dried surface with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (degreaser), always trial apply!
For all other ingredient-rich hardwood species not mentioned may require a varied period of exposure. Please contact us for further information.
- Sapele: 2 -4 weeks exposure.
- Rosewood: 4-6 weeks exposure. However, Natural Oil Woodstain 727 Rosewood is optically suitable and requires a weathering period of approx. 12 weeks before use of Natural Oil Woodstain.
- Douglas Fir: 6 weeks exposure. Application of WR Base Coat is also recommended.
- Larch: 6 weeks exposure. Decking-Oil 009 Larch is optically suitable. Application of WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Cedar: 12 weeks exposure.
- Iroko: 12 weeks exposure.
- Mahogany: 12 weeks exposure.
- Teak: 12 weeks exposure.
- Tropical Walnut: 6-8 weeks exposure.
- Merbau: 12 weeks exposure.
- Ipe: 6-8 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Pressure-Impregnated Pine: 12 weeks exposure.
- Garapa: 12 weeks exposure. 013 Garapa is optically suitable.
- Balau: 12 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Bangkirai: 12 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Massaranduba: 12 weeks exposure. 014 Massaranduba is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other: woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
- For a clear satin finish for garden furniture apply just two coats of Osmo Teak-Oil Spray 008.
- Exposed surfaces ( in full sun) will allow the wood to naturally grey over time.
- Choosing a coloured Osmo Decking oil will offer some UV protection and slow the natural greying process
- Recommended application is 35ml/m²
- Code: 008
- Approx. coverage: 24m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2
- Ideal application temperature: +10°C to 35°C
- Drying time: 12 hrs
- Sizes: 0.400L
Protects, maintains and enhances the wood surface, producing a smooth slightly satin finish which is extremely water resistant and dirt repellent. The microporous finish is based on natural vegetable oils and allows the wood to breathe and helps regulate the moisture content reducing swelling and shrinkage, the penetrated finish will not crack, flake, peel or blister. High quality, long-lasting protection whilst allowing the wood’s appearance to fade naturally into a beautiful patina colour over time.
OSMO DECKING BRUSH
Made with 100% natural bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. 150 mm width fits perfectly between the grooves of the decking boards providing exceptional coverage capacities which produce professional looking results every time. Simply attach the Osmo extendable telescopic handle for applying in comfort.
OSMO WOOD REVIVER POWER GEL
Highly effective cleaning agent for the refreshing and cleaning of greyed and aged exterior wood. Especially developed so that it can be easily applied, even on vertical areas as it has a special non-drip formula. The deep penetrating effect of the gel removes the greyed patina, with results showing as quick as 30 minutes!
OSMO DECKING CLEANER
Osmo Decking Cleaner is a highly effective concentrate for cleaning untreated or oiled wooden decking and garden furniture. It is water soluble for quick, easy and thorough decking maintenance. The surface becomes resistant against soiling and water.