Ideal for Garden Furniture and Decking
- Wood naturally greys
- Can be used for interior or exterior
- Safe for animals and plants once dry
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for future applications
Sprayable aerosol, and rub with Osmo Flat Brush
Exterior wooden furniture
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
Osmo Brush Cleaner
25m²/L with one coat
Osmo Spray Cleaner (Exterior)
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%).
Osmo Teak-Oil Spray is ready to use. Shake spray can well and carry out trial spray.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works.
Hardwoods with an especially high content of natural wood extractives need to weather off (for approx. 4 weeks) or be degreased with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
Spraying distance approx. 25 cm. Afterwards rub in with a brush.
While applying, cover and protect surrounding areas and parts that should not be treated against the spray mist. Wipe away any excess with a cloth.
Allow to dry for approx. 12 hours under good ventilation and apply a second coat.
When renovating, one coat applied is usually sufficient.
Clean spray nozzle after use.
Osmo Teak-Oil Spray is clear and therefore does not protect against UV radiation from the sun (greying). If the original colour tone of freshly sawn wood should be preserved (e.g. Bangkirai), we recommend a coat of Osmo Decking-Oils in a natural shade in the appropriate colour tone.
Using power washers will severely decrease the coverage of the finish and general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating.
Regular Cleaning: Damp cleaning with Osmo Decking Cleaner using Osmo Decking Cleaning Brush.
Occasional Maintenance: If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Clean.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
For all other wood types not mentioned, always trial apply first.
- Larch: Decking-Oil 009 Larch is optically suitable.
- Thermowood: Decking-Oil 010 Thermowood is optically suitable.
- Garapa: Decking-Oil 013 Garapa is optically suitable.
For the following wood types, WR Base Coat is recommended before use.
- Douglas Fir: Decking-Oil 013 Garapa is optically suitable.
Recommended After Weathering Period
For the following wood types, a weathering period is recommended. New or sanded wood requires at least 6-8 weeks (approximate) exposure to the exterior elements before application.
After the weathering period, it’s generally recommended to clean the surface from the extractive content before application, always trial apply!
For all other ingredient-rich hardwood species not mentioned may require a varied period of exposure. Please contact us for further information.
- Ipe: 4-6 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Balau: 4-6 weeks exposure. 006 Bangkirai is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Massaranduba: 4-6 weeks exposure. 014 Massaranduba is optically suitable and a very popular choice of colour tone.
- Rosewood: 4-6 weeks exposure. However, Natural Oil Woodstain 727 Rosewood is optically suitable and requires a weathering period of approx. 12 weeks before use of Natural Oil Woodstain.
- Sapele: 2 weeks exposure.
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other: woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
- For a clear and natural finish for decking, apply just two coats of 007 Teak Oil, which allows the wood to naturally grey over time.
- The darker the colour, the slower the greying process of the wood will start to appear.
- Osmo Anti-Slip Decking Oil can be used as the second coat after any of the Decking Oils to provide a slip resistant surface.
- Recommended application is 35ml/m²
- Code: 008
- Approx. coverage: 24m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2
- Ideal application temperature: +10°C to 35°C
- Drying time: 12 hrs
- Sizes: 0.400L
Protects, maintains and enhances the wood surface, producing a smooth slightly satin finish which is extremely water resistant and dirt repellent. The microporous finish is based on natural vegetable oils and allows the wood to breathe and helps regulate the moisture content reducing swelling and shrinkage, the finish will not crack, flake, peel or blister. High quality, long-lasting protection whilst allowing the wood’s appearance to fade naturally into a beautiful patina colour over time.
OSMO DECKING BRUSH
Made with 100% natural bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. 150 mm width fits perfectly between the grooves of the decking boards providing exceptional coverage capacities which produce professional looking results every time. Simply attach the Osmo extendable telescopic handle for applying in comfort.
OSMO ANTI-SLIP DECKING OIL
For a slip resistant decking surface, Anti-Slip Decking Oil is recommended as the second coat which is very water resistant and dirt repellent. The microporous finish is based on natural vegetable oils and allows the wood to breathe and helps regulate the moisture content reducing swelling and shrinkage, the finish will not crack, flake, peel or blister.
OSMO WOOD REVIVER POWER GEL
Highly effective cleaning agent for the refreshing and cleaning of greyed and aged exterior wood. Especially developed so that it can be easily applied, even on vertical areas as it has a special non-drip formula. The deep penetrating effect of the gel removes the greyed patina, with results showing as quick as 30 minutes!
OSMO DECKING CLEANER
Osmo Decking Cleaner is a highly effective concentrate for cleaning untreated or oiled wooden decking and garden furniture. It is water soluble for quick, easy and thorough decking maintenance. The surface becomes resistant against soiling and water.