Water Based Paints & Oils
Water based paints and finishes are manufactured with water as the solvent. Their zero/low level of volatile organic compound (VOC) make it a go-to paint/finish after the new VOC regulations. This makes them an environmental-friendly paint which typically has minimal to zero harmful effects on your health.
Water Based Drying Times
One of the biggest benefits of using a water based paint/finish is that they often boast a really quick drying time. In some cases, a water based product can be ready for re-coating in as little as 3 hours.
Interior Atmosphere Friendly
Another excellent benefit of using water based paints/finishes is they do not use potent solvents, and therefore have little to no odour. This creates for a more pleasant atmosphere and painting experience, especially when working inside and around children and animals.
Osmo Water Based Products
- UV-resistant and non-yellowing
- Water and dirt resistant
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Drying time: 3-4 hours
- Quick drying: 3-4 hours
- Opaque finish – no visible grain
- Sprayable; optional application
- Safe for humans, animals and plants once dry
- Use Primer (Exterior) with white or light-colours – See Below!
- Use with white or light coloured top coats
- Highly water and dirt resistant
- Highly drip resistant
- Long lasting protection
- 1 coat required – plus one top coat of Garden Colour or Country Colour