Effective Surface Design
- Extremeley durable and hardwearing
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
Raw (Matt), Silver (Satin), Gold (Satin)
Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush, Microfibre Roller, FloorXcenter
Interior wooden flooring and furniture
One coat, when signs of wear become visible
5ml, 125ml, 750ml, 2.5L
Osmo Brush Cleaner
30m²/L with one coat
2 coats, one coat plus top coat of Polyx-Oil Original
Osmo Wash and Care, or Spray-Mop
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Effect Silver is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed.
As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler).
Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120-150, for furniture P180-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum.
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application
For dark wood species: With Osmo Flat Brush, Microfibre Roller or Floor Brush, apply thinly along the wood grain and spread well.
Allow to dry for approx. 24 hours under good ventilation.
After drying, apply a second coat with a clear Osmo Polyx®-Oil.
For lightly coloured wood species: To make the desired effect visible, apply Osmo Wood Wax Finish Black 3169 thinly along the wood grain with Osmo Floor Brush, spread well and rub into wood with a single disc machine. Allow to dry for at least 24 hours with good ventilation. Afterwards, apply Osmo Polyx®-Oil Effect Silver with Osmo Floor Brush also thinly and quickly. Allow to dry for at least 24 hours under good ventilation. Finally, apply a top coat very thinly with a clear Osmo Polyx®-Oil.
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect). Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time.
For hardwoods rich in extractives (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
Caution: Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
On lightly coloured wood species, it is hardly visible without the application of a coloured base coat.
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping using the green Dust-Mop from the Osmo Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors. Damp mopping using Osmo Wash and Care or Osmo Spray-Mop.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
The following wood surfaces should be untreated or sanded P120 only.
- Maple: apply very thinly and carry out a trial application before use.
The wood species below are not recommended for Polyx-Oil Original. Please use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Extra Thin instead.
- South American Walnut
Also Not Recommended
- Green Oak: moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo: contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
OSMO FLOOR BRUSH
Made with 100% natural bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Make short work of large areas with exceptional coverage capacities to produce professional looking results every time. With a high quality beech frame and robust backing plate, simply attach the Osmo extendable telescopic handle for applying in comfort.
OSMO FLOOR ROLLER SET
Made with microfibres to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain and spread well. For first application, two coats is recommended onto a clean and dry surface. For renovation, just one coat is necessary.
- For exotic wood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin.
- Polyx®-Oil Effect (3091 Silver and 3092 Gold) are designed for dark woods, only one coat is required followed by a second coat of clear Osmo Polyx®-Oil
- Recommended application amount is 30ml/m²
- Polyx®-Oil Effect (3044 Raw) is designed for lightly coloured, sanded or raw wood only. Two coats are recommended.
- For more colour tones, see Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints.
- Approx. coverage: 30m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 1-2
- Application temperature: +5°C
- Drying time: 24 hrs.
- Sizes: 0.125L, 0.375L, 0.750L, 2.5L
Silver (3091) and Gold (3092) colours are designed for dark wood species such as smoked Oak, to highlight the grain with modern colour effects. The surface becomes very water and dirt resistant and extremely durable.
OR NOT TO EFFECT
Clear wood finishes give a permanent ‘wet-look’. Raw (3044) prevents this effect, a minimal amount of white pigments are used to counteract this effect whilst retaining the natural light colour tone of new or sanded wood. Apply thinly to achieve the desired result.