Even More Water Protection
Especially for wood in moist environments.
- Extremely water resistant
- Food safe
- Suitable for the interior and exterior
- Animal and plant friendly once dry
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable primer which does not crack, peel or flake
- Supports a healthy living environment
- No future applications necessary
Osmo Flat Brush, Osmo Microfibre Roller or by dipping
Wood in moist environments such as bathrooms and kitchens
24 hours when brushed, 36 hours when dipped
Osmo Brush Cleaner
6-8.4m²/L with one coat
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
Osmo Wood Protector is ready to use. Do not thin.
Stir well before use.
Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler).
The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
Osmo Wood Protector is compatible with all conventional types of glue and putty (except for products containing silicon).
Method of Application
Apply one time to the clean and dry wood with Osmo Flat Brush, Osmo Microfibre Roller or by dipping.
Coat the clean, dry and frost-free wood generously – if possible, on all sides.
Dipping process: approx. 2 minutes dipping time Ventilate well.
Top coat should be carried out within one week.
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect).
Osmo Wood Protector is not to be used alone. Within one week, a top coat (with an oil-based Osmo wood finish) should be carried out.
When using Osmo Wood Protector on large areas under Osmo One Coat Only HS-PLUS, glossy spots may appear because of the extremely high content of solids in this finish.
Due to the strongly water-repellent effect, do not coat with water-soluble products (e.g. Interior Wax).
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping using the green Dust-Mop from the Osmo Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors. Damp mopping using Osmo Wash and Care or Osmo Spray-Mop.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
- Ideal base coat for Osmo Polyx®-Oils for use in bathrooms, kitchens and even swimming pool environments and saunas!
- Wood Protector is a primer only and requires a finishing product such as Osmo TopOil for worktops or Osmo Polyx®-Oil for flooring, furniture and joinery in bathrooms or kitchens.
- First application of Wood Protector must be applied onto untreated or evenly sanded surfaces.
- Wood Protector is clear and therefore will darken the natural character of the wood, please test a small area prior to application.
- If possible, although not essential; apply to all sides of the wood to give the strongest protection. Wipe excess from edges with a dry cloth before leaving to dry.
Unique preservative wood primer especially developed for wood’s prone to moisture and susceptible to blue stain in wet rooms such as bathrooms. Suitable for any wood in the interior including kitchen work surfaces, flooring, window frames and joinery. Also suitable for the exterior where an absolutely economical, non-biocidal impregnation is required, e.g. children’s toys, raised garden beds for plants and animal housing.
OSMO FLOOR BRUSH
Made with 100% natural bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Make short work of large areas with exceptional coverage capacities to produce professional looking results every time. With a high quality beech frame and robust backing plate, simply attach the Osmo extendable telescopic handle for applying in comfort.
OSMO FLOOR ROLLER SET
Made with microfibres to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply thinly, thoroughly and evenly along the wood grain and spread well. For first application, two coats is recommended onto a clean and dry surface. For renovation, just one coat is necessary.
OSMO FLAT BRUSH
Made with synthetic bristles with soft tips which gives fine control in achieving the desired effect. Exceptional coverage capacities which produce professional looking results every time. Available in 25, 50, 60 and 100 mm widths.
OSMO SMALL ROLLER & BRUSH SET
100 mm Microfibre Roller and 60 mm Flat Brush set to ensure high coverage allowing you to apply evenly along the wood grain.